The Horse Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
I stumbled upon my dream stable when I relocated to the east coast four years ago -- a three stall Amish prefab with a hay loft. It came with a 1790 farmhouse, 25 acres (five in pasture, the rest in woods), and basically endless trails, right out the door. I was in love with that little barn, perfect for a horse and her pony and a pair of goats, which are as much as I can take care of.

It lacked an arena, but we were working on making one when lightning struck the stable last summer and burned it to the ground (we got the animals out). So we've spent the last eight months rebuilding what was there. It is close to done. There are some improvements -- a roomier goat stall, a sink, a sawdust storage area, better lighting, more windows -- but it is essentially the same building.

I hope to move the animals back in, in a few weeks. Winter has been strenuous with just a run-in sitting in the pasture and little more than my horse trailer to storage stuff in.

Eventually, I'll get that arena finished.

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
@4horses, I was just thinking how much more riding I would do if I didn't have to do all the chores, go get my riding clothes on, groom, tack up, (ride) , groom again, turn out, clean my tack, and then do the chores all over again .... I want to be landed english gentry in the movies who walk out the door and have the groom give them a leg up on their perfectly kitted out horse. Off I go!

Oh, this was about stables ...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts