The Horse Forum banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Hopefully a new dressage saddle, a dressage pad, and a drop nose bridle. Ha only in my dreams would I be able to afford all of that. He'll probably get the saddle(keep your fingers crossed)and some homemade treats. Or just some valuable time with me. =P

·
Registered
269 Posts
I just ordered a bitless bridle and reins, but that's coming way too early to be considered a Christmas gift. I'm sure I'll just be spending the day grooming him and stuffing his face with treats.

·
Registered
8,466 Posts
Ha ha, I think the stuff I get for them is more of a treat for me lol. I plan on buying a new saddle that I've been saving for, a used Reinsman in really good condition down at one of the tack shops, and then a purple show sheet....Probably some new skid boots too, since mine seem to be wearing themselves down xD

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
Peppermint hot mash and then the people leasing him are getting a years worth of worming and a gift certificate to get his feet done. He may not enjoy the last two though...

·
Registered
513 Posts
He's getting his vet bills paid for! Hopefully by christmas anyway...
Actually, seeing that he's arab he's probably muslim or something... no Christmas for him! ;)
Lol!

My mare always gets her shots and teeth floated for Christmas. Though this year I want to get her a pair of easy boot gloves. Sfter I get my tax return I'll be getting a Karl Niedersuss (sp) dressage saddle for her (er...us).

·
Registered
8,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
hahaha you mean you :D

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Their getting fed!! :)
Posted via Mobile Device
Ours, too ;-)

They rarely get treats, but Christmas is indeed special...they get an apple AND a carrot (that's their birthday gift, too).

·
Registered
32 Posts
food, treats, horse christmas dinner carrots delux lol .. horse cake??? (btw how could you make one? i honestly would be sad enough to make one ...), rosies getting a new stable flece,
And we have all decided including the liverys that all of the horses are getting a pair of antlers so they can be rienhorses for the day.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I'm making my guys homemade cookies and hot bran mash.

·
Registered
8,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
awesome!!! I know a few recipes and If I have time, will post them as i have to type them out hahaha lol :D

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Hmmm, I'm hoping my horse will be getting a new owner for Christmas....me! :lol:
I also come with lots of carrots, warm blankets, a steady food supply, hours and hours of grooming and pampering....and usually some specially made horsie treat for the holidays! :D
So as you can tell, I don't yet have another horse, myself. I need to manage to find a job first (and trust me, I'm trying as hard as I can, but I have a few social issues that make it particularly difficult for me)

Last year my boys got really cool treats. I hollowed out two apples and chopped up the insides and mixed in some sugar, carrots, grain, shredded alfalfa, crushed peppermint, peppermint treats, and molasses. Yum!

This year I'm sure I'll find something for my mom's horse, Buddy. Still figuring out what that'll be...

·
Registered
926 Posts
Wow Rock Pony you go all out! hehe last year i almost burnt the house down trying to "cook" treats. The house smelt horrid for a year and we had to get a new oven =P so im banned from that..

Well My boys, they get a nice wash, if its super hot! Some rugs including fly sheets for summer and a show set, Browbands will hopefully be made,Karlos got his saddle early,HOPEFULLY WERE GETTING OUR HORSETRUCK THIS CRISSY!! =D woot!! so that will be painted. They get lots of liquorice! Oh an they get dressed up in tinsel and antlers.. but more importantly lots of kisses xx

·
Registered
8,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Wow Tess would pig that down in no time. Me and Tess? Well hopefully...our new dressage saddle, an ipod touch (gahhhh!! Id rather horsey stuff! Just dont now how to tell mum) and maybe our show jacket and helmet, bridle, bridle bag and lots and lots of money to spend at equitana!

Jackofdiamonds: I looove your signature! Id like tyo do somthing like you did with the "2010 show team, then their names" But the thing is, I dont show yet and I feel I would be copying you :D (I would just make up a show name, probabaly one that you amde up on my other thraed lol :D

·
Registered
627 Posts
Maggie will probably get new jump boots, a new jump sadde, rugs, a bridle and a few other things. Simply because she's enormous compared to my other horses and the only thing that fits is my $4000 dressage saddle (thank god!). I'm glad it was that one that fits, not the cheap one.
Barcoo will get hugs and probably a treats ball or something to distract him from gate opening and terrorising Maggie/the cat/Joe/birds/me/Dad/passersby/cars.
Joe will hopefully get a new owner, lol.

·
Registered
8,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I bet all your horses will be happy guys :D especially with all the new training aids and saddles and crapo (sarcasm lol)

·
Registered
926 Posts
Haha PintoTess, You can do the same! Gosh, didnt you know copying is the greatest form of flattery.JK. I dont mind =) Just dont include my sponsor and it will be fine. It will be fun picking a show name for Tess (but please dont feel preasured to pick one of mine!!) It will be exciting for next show season, Thats when it will be more of katarl's debut to the Competetive side.. For now were sticking to dinky aggy shows out "woop woop" lol.

·
Registered
8,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
haha :D whats wrong with ag shows lol. thats probabaly where i will start from. And theres no way im copying your sponsor haha lol :D what name shall i choose from my other thread? (one of yours of course, they are better than mmine!)

·
Registered
926 Posts
haha :D whats wrong with ag shows lol. thats probabaly where i will start from. And theres no way im copying your sponsor haha lol :D what name shall i choose from my other thread? (one of yours of course, they are better than mmine!)

:lol:Haha, nothing is wrong with aggy shows!(apart from the scary rides that my boys think will eat them!lol) Thats how you get your Qualifications for the Royals :D. hehe. I just like to do a few local, easy going, (aka dinky) ones to start them off! :clap:Ohh i forgot to tell you, Im bringing Jack out as a Showhunter next season, Ill have to do a few working hunters too :wink: It shall be "very" interesting :shock: Lets just hope his looks can live up to the welshies, and solid RP's ect. (btw i knew you wouldnt use my sponsor just thought i better be on the safe side, "that" would be a hard one to explain :roll: )I'm still thinking Tess is a Kissed by Colour.
Alex (Dainhill Limited Edition) is in Horsedeals next month :-( Im down to owning 2 and only riding 1! (Jacks on a Break) I think i best go shopping! ) =P

·
Registered
8,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)
wow thats awesome about jack being a hunter! Tess would be one too if she was full connie :D Jack will surely beat the little piggy welshies as his breed is pretty much made to be a hunter pony anyway :D Tess doesnt mind about bright colours, Our next door neighbours had a bon fire and Tess broke into their paddock and layed next to the fire! I like Kyssed by colour as well, forgot about that one hahah lol :D I bet your sad about selling your pony :( I will get horse deals and have a look at him :D And I doubt I will qualify for the royal for a while...just depends how me and Tess go.
And im not sure if I like my name in my sig.....

and just a question... Tess is 13.3 1/2hh now...what height class wil she be in? (she may be 14hh now) I will measure this afternoon :D

21 - 40 of 65 Posts