The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What cute things does your horse do??? My horse is so cute! He paces like crazy at the stall when he sees me coming! He loves to cuddle his head to me! I play with him and race him around the arena (he always wins)!!! Every one at my barn who has a mare calls Twister their horses boyfriend (he is not a stallion)!!!!! Every time I walk past someone at the barn they say "Twister!!!"!!! I love him so much! He's such a cutie!!!!!!! So what do YOUR horses do???????

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
The cutest thing my lease horse does is run to meet me every time she sees me coming. She's a very affectionate and in your pocket horse so I have a million pictures like this. :lol: she's a ham.

Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats ADORABLE GamingGrrl!!!!! What's ur horses name???? Btw it says u posted that pic with a mobile device, how do u do it? I have been trying to figure it out for awhile and just can't.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
502 Posts
The cutest thing my lease horse does is run to meet me every time she sees me coming. She's a very affectionate and in your pocket horse so I have a million pictures like this. :lol: she's a ham.
Ha, my girl's the same. So curious and affectionate. Every time someone pulls out a phone or camera she seems to be instantly drawn to them. I swear she knows it's picture time. Unfortunately I also have a lot of close up photos of her!

Attachments

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh dangit! I finally figured out how to post a photo, and was gona show my horses cute pics but my phone won't let me! Haha oh well. Lol Twister is always trying. To grab my phone haha!!!

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
The cutest thing Razz ever did was lip my hand if I held it under her muzzle. She would sniff it for treats first but then lip it if it was empty. And I know most people would say that I shouldn't have let her do this but never once has she shown any inclination to bite and she wouldn't do it unless I moved my hand to her. This mare doesn't have a mean bone in her body. She's not an overly affectionate mare which is why she surprised me when she started doing this.

·
Registered
17,077 Posts
Nickers when he wants to go outside really badly, or thinks you have an apple (he can smell them!) Or he's just happy to see you

He makes hilarious facial expressions with his big eyes and animated ears

He does a dance at the gate for me, especially when he's excited

He apparently can piaffe on the leadrope when walking down a driveway.. only cute part was how concentrated he was on remaining where he was instead of bolting off (proud mom moment!)

He's literally best friends with 90% of the animals he meets... his favourite by far happen to be chickens

He used to try and knock my old glasses off before I got on. He'd never do it if I left them off, only when I was wearing them.

He flags his tail :)

He learned to bow and now he bows like crazy over and over because he's hoping for a treat

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
My Duffy is a Belgian and when he see me Duffy runs to me and turns his big head side ways to get a treat and if I do not give him one he just stairs at me like saying " where is my treat" :p

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How cute!!!! Yeah, everyone tells me I shouldn't let Rascal lick me, but he never bites! Haha as long as he doesn't bite me I will keep letting him do it.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Those are adorable!!!!!!! He sounds like a big sweetheart!!!!!

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cuuuute!!!! I love drafts!!!! Never ridden one but they are beautiful!!!

·
Registered
997 Posts
My gelding is such a lover boy. My favorite thing he does is he always puts his head in my lap. Especially if I go out to his field, sit down a few feet away from him, he comes over. Lays down, and puts h
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: Wolfetrap

·
Registered
5,814 Posts
My gelding is very chatty every time I see him - nickers and whinnies all the time. He also interacts with different objects a lot and it is very funny to watch, and, if somebody is fixing something in the paddock, he is the first to come and "help". For example, steal the mallet and run away with it. Or rip a dressage letter off the arena fence. Aaaand run away with it. :D

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I forgot to mention the occasional time I will go out to ride her, find her resting her head on the gate and staring at me before I say hi and she whinnies at me. I'm sure it has nothing to do with me saying "hey beautiful" though!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Townes "leans in" to me whenever someone is taking a picture of us. Like when people pose cheek to cheek to take a pic.

He always has his ears up and his perfect perky picture taking face on, but I have dozens of pics where he's leaning into me to get in the frame. Perfect pictures every time. He always looks like he is proudly posing with ME, not the other way around.

He's just a natural picture poser. We always say he needs his own Instagram account.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Phantom: He's always there when I need a shoulder to cry on. It's almost like he really just focuses his attention on me. He'll be eating his hay or grain and I'll go over to him upset and just hit him. He'll lift his head from whatever he's doing and just stand there with me letting me cry, for as long as I need to. He was a blessing through my teenage years and even more so as I'm trying to find my way through life.

TC: He nickers whenever he greets me. He never used to be a big cuddlebug, always really in a work mindset. But as we worked together and bonded over the years he is noticably very attached to me and shows it in little ways. Like when he nickers at me, I'm the only one who can cradle his head(he started off headshy), and he calms down considerably when I'm with him in "scary" situations.

Dice: Ugh so many this horse is a trip! He "begs" for my coffee when I have it. He'll tilt his head sideways, almost purse his lips, and stretch his neck as far as it'll go and just stare at me looking cute. I admit I usually give in :p He tries SO hard to please that it's cute. He smiles on command and sometimes does it when he feels I'm frustrated and it makes me laugh, thus easing the frustration. He also does these little eye flutter things when he's really happy. When he gets his grain or hay or has a long drink after a ride he'll flutter his eyes, it's really cute. He also has a very expressive face and I LOVE it.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
My Gelding Justin will put his own bridle and halter on. All you have to do is open the headstall up far enough for his big head and then he just puts his head into it (he'll also open his mouth and take his bit). When he learns anything new, be it side passing or a trick like bowing or shaking hands, he'll constantly do it for the next two days. When I taught him how to half pass at the trot, every time he trotted he'd start doing it as a "see what I can do?!" way. When he learned how to shake hands every person that went out there he walked up to and lifted his hoof, waiting for them to take it.

My mare Doll will cuddle with me. When she's laying down I can go up to her and lay down beside her, put her head in my lap, all sorts of things. Doesn't matter if she's in the field or in a stall. Once I even brought a blanket and pillow with me and slept in the stall with her like that (I was on foal watch with another person and so we rotated sleeping). I woke up and she hadn't even moved. She didn't look to happy that I was drooling on her leg though..... She also throws a tantrum when you ask her to canter. She pins her ears, bares her teeth and looks like a monster. Others find it scary, I think it's adorable! :lol:

·
Registered
175 Posts
My horse gets upset and shows it by twirling his head around a few times. Yesterday he did it when I turned him out after a very short grooming session. Apparently he wanted more!!! haha

He also does a cat stretch when he wakes up.

When he's bored he makes some disgusting faces at anyone walking by.

When I groom him he turns his face around and sniffs me. I take it as a compliment...but deep down I know he just wants treats.

When he spooks I always laugh because it's always nothing, and his spooks are in place. I think it's adorable and he always gets embarrassed afterwards.

He also goes to sleep if I stroke his eyes...it's so cute.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
My horse is a very affectionate girl, she is very photogenic and comes running to the gate every time she sees me or hears me.

One time we went out and tried to take a family picture with my parents and sister, and dogs (4 people and 4 dogs) and Breeze, and we put the camera on self timer... well the picture was a mess with the dogs, but there was Breeze, standing perfectly and staring at the camera with her ears up, even with the dogs running around and making a bunch of distractions. But every time she sees the camera she puts up her ears and looks pretty.
This is one of my favorite pics of her:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.