The Horse Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Banned
Friesian or Friesian-cross?

Reactions: loosie and linoser

Registered
The face made me think at least part Friesian and then I saw the rest of him and thought "yup!". My guess would be at least part Friesian.

Reactions: loosie

Registered
Yup, a Friesian or a Friesian cross. If I had to choose, I鈥檇 say pure. They have a rather distinctive movement type so look them up online and compare to how this horse moves.

If you decide to get this breed, it would be advisable that you do your research about it because they seem to be a bit more prone to health issues than your average horse.

Also, this a rather expensive breed especially if you buy a horse from a reputable breeder/ with a good pedigree. A cheap Friesian is either a scam (its so bad that I first assume a scam when I see an advert for it) or has a lot of health issues. Typically, a green broke Friesian of decent breeding will be around 8-10.000 Eur (in Europe). Better breeding or training raises the price as does grading. If it鈥檚 a well graded stallion or mare the price will go up accordingly.

The breed can鈥檛 be used for jumping (high). They are also not very suitable for higher levels of dressage due to their naturally high head set.

But I agree, they are breath-taking. We had a lady who did dressage with a stallion at our yard - I could (and did) spend hours watching them.

Super Moderator
He looks just like an old TWH that I had. Mine was 38 when he died and was the "older" style. I guess more like a foundation. But that could also be a Friesian of some sort. He certainly has a sweet face.

Reactions: linoser

Registered
Definitely Friesian! They are really great horses!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts