The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you go trail riding, what is your ideal landscape to ride in? Do you prefer mountains and lots of big trees or do you prefer flat ground with no obstacles, or maybe rolling hills with a few trees and a few canyons.

Please share a pic of your favorite type of land to ride in.

Here is my favorite. I prefer a land with areas where I can stretch out in a nice lope and other areas where it is more challenging. Being able to see the horizon from the top of the hills is a must. Not too many trees cause I start feeling suffocated. I like to be able to see around me.

Here are a couple pix of my fave place to ride.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I like a Mixture of open spaces and forrest-y areas. I like the challenge for me and my horse!! =) sorry I have no pictures.

·
Registered
7,738 Posts
That looks beautiful there!
I haven't done a bunch of trail riding but so far my favorite trail riding experience was at a campsite (we were basically camping with horses) where there was about 3 acres of open fields right at our campsite. The feilds were way fun to run around and play in. And then behind our campsite there were miles and miles of abandoned logging trails to ride on. In my opinion it was perfect, there was enough really old woodsy-ness to be neat (and to keep Lacey calm, she seems to do better surrounded by trees when she doesn't know where she is) but then there was also plenty of space to run and "race" our horses. haha Lacey beat everybody, by the way.

I don't have any pictures because I was kinda shy about taking pictures back then but we're going back this summer and you better believe that every day will be documented way more than anyone ever thought possible. Hahaha

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Depends on the day. I really enjoying mountian riding, but I also LOVE running thru and open field and the peacefullness of riding thru the tree's. It's cool, calm and relaxing! So really....I like to ride anywhere! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.