The Horse Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a cheap, but sturdy tack box. I'm moving my horse down to school with me, and don't want to haul his giant show trunk down here seeing as we won't be showing. I need something that isn't too expensive but will hold all my stuff.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Look for a army metal trunk, they have handles on both ends, you can place a lock on them and they also keep the mice from getting in, I have 2 of them and painted them both, and they are not real big.
Best of all they will last forever and they are Cheap.................

·
Registered
5 of 'em: 75% Friesian, Friesian / QH, Friesian/ QH / Welsh, TB, Quarter Horse.
24 Posts
Yeah, I'd like an army metal trunk too... where do you get one?

·
Super Moderator
26,885 Posts
Home Depot and Lowes both have a nice truck for about $100 that is a really solid black plastic w/ wheels and a place to lock it...

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Look for a army metal trunk, they have handles on both ends, you can place a lock on them and they also keep the mice from getting in, I have 2 of them and painted them both, and they are not real big.
Best of all they will last forever and they are Cheap.................
YES! We have an old metal foot locker and it is WONDERFUL! We used it to take DD's stuff to fair last summer and it was great! They are heavy, but wonderufl.

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
This link says, $39.94 for two, but go to Walmart and buy this. They're $20/piece, heavy duty plastic in 3 colors, black, tan, and blue, and they can be padlocked.
Sterilite Plastic Footlocker - Walmart.com
I also has wheels--bought one for DH to store a case's work in--and you WON'T need to paint it, plus it won't rust out.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Corporal!! I bought one last week! I loooovvveee it! The only problem I had was finding a lock that fits it well, but that is the least of my worries! I love this little trunk!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Try a thrift store, garage sale, auction,e-bay, etc. or place an ad in the paper.
I have had mine for several years.
themacpack is right, they are heavy, but they already have the lock attached all you have to buy is the paddlelock., they also have a removeable top tray.
Good Luck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts