The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so Latte broke her halter (It was a shoddy cheap one and broke way too easily) and I need to get her a new one. I know what halter I want but I also want to get a new lead, as when I pony her now the metal snap swings and i'm afraid it will hit her in the face. So I am planning on buying one like this:

To just loop through the halter instead of clipping. It's the exact same as all the lead ropes I use now, just no clip.

However, I don't know what length to buy! All mine are the same length but I don't know what length... lol. They are long enough to send her out on a circle, and when I pony I have enough lead to loop the loose end around my breastplate in case I drop the rope, and still have Latte anywhere from beside to behind Bundy.

My choices are 7", 10", 12" and 23". I'm thinking the 23" will be way too long to be practical though.

So what length ropes do you guys use? Is there a 'standard' length?

·
Registered
671 Posts
Abbi's is a 12 foot.. im pretty sure yours are too. ;)

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
12ft is the standard for circling and what not so you will probably find thats what yours is =)

·
Registered
671 Posts
No worries.. and if you want we can measure them this afternoon when we go out to the farm ;) just to double check.

I love Abbi's length lead.. not to short and not to long. :)

·
Registered
537 Posts
I have 12' and a 10' leads, both without snaps (it is really nice!). The 12' is by far my favorite length...the 10' is a bit too short.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.