The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
i love english and i love the wintec brand!!
and western only for the trail...and i have the wintec saddle already:D just bought it!!

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
It depends on the horse. I swap between an old style Anky (can't stand the new ones!), an old Kieffer and a wintec for the in betweens that are still building up muscle.

I adore old style County's, Otto Schuemarkers (sp?), Crosby, and many of the Kieffers

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
sadly ive never owned a dressage saddle =[
but i have an event saddle which is a collegiate that i use on most horses. also an m toulouse CC that i use on my mare

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The top three I'm looking at is Trilogy Verago... Prestige 2000D and now I'm looking at Amerigo..

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'm in hunters so it is a tie between Devoucoux, Antares and CWD. Devoucoux and CWD in all calf leather feels like BUTTER! Mmmm...I'm getting saddle fitted on xmas eve with Devoucoux rep to try out their saddles. Cannot wait. I despise my Pessoa Gen X...I hurt everywhere after riding in it. I am sure my horse does, too. Also considered a new County Stabilizer but could not get a hold of rep after 2 months of leaving messages...they were my first choice but oh well..they snooze they lose.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I always ride in Bates Maestros for dressage and have 6 of them at home that I have in varying sized gullets to fit all my different horses. I may actually marry them all - starting a petition to make it legal ROFL.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I am working with a fitter right now.
The one I will purchase is on www.mysaddle.com
Go to dressage and look at the Wolfgang Solo Long Roll.
It is sooo comfortable!
I am going to start looking for another saddle to use for hunters.
HP

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Collegiates! I have a collegiate dressage and a collegiate cc, and I use to own a collegiate senior event. I really like how they fit my QHs. For my TB I splurged and got a stubben, which I liked a lot, but it really only fit him so it had to go when he did.

I like wintec as well, they are great since I ride a bunch of different "thicknesses" of horses.

For western I really like Abettas (more than I thought I would). I am using the BO's but someday I hope to find one that I can afford for myself.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Grand Gilbert Nicole or a Albion would be my first picks. I used to ride in a trainer's nicole a while ago and loved it.

I have an HDR c/c. One of the h/j saddles they made when they first got popular around here (like 10 years ago.) It still looks pretty new. I have thorowgood with the fish system. I dispise wintecs and most synthetic saddles though.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
DK Saddle!!! i lovvee my DK, it is like heaven... haha even tho i got it for christmas already used. i love it and i doubt i will ever change saddles until this one is falling apart!!! If i could have any saddle i would still want this saddle :p but im actuallylooking into getting little diamonds (swarvski crystels-i think they are?) put into the saddle flap... saddles look really pretty wehn they have that in them....haha and sparkles are totally me! haha

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Some saddles that I like:

Karl Niedersuss (KN)
Passier (specifically the Grand Gilbert)
Albion
Schleese (WITHOUT air, and the really base model with like no knee roll)
CWD
Windsor
etc..
Saddles I do not like:

Jaguar
DK
Schleese (te really ugo saddles with air)
Black Country
etc..

Basically - I like saddles that let you find your own position and don't force you. The saddles with the huge knee rolls and excessively deep seats end up giving you a very nice looking leg (that is quite ineffective), but either your back becomes hollowed and your seat is stiff, or you are forced to ride on the cantle. Unless you are an extremely specific body type, or get one of these in a 20" seat, you will not be able to ride in a saddle of this type. I see a lot of people in these kinds of saddles (old pictures of myself included!) with nice legs that can't move enough to aid properly and stiff seats or are forced onto the cantle! And then they pump the panels full of air and get launched out of the tack while the saddle bounces around on the horse's back and moves around!! It is atrocious and I am thankful to my horses for not bucking me off while I had one of those.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Stubben Scandica VSD DL.....

Decided to go for an all purpose saddle geared toward flatwork as I currently am not able to purchase multiple saddles for all disciplines :)
Definitely comfortable on the flat, but difficult to jump in with a short stirrup length as the flap is long and rather straight.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Bates Innova....:D

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I compromised with myself and got a prestige 2000D off of ebay. I really like it so far with one exception... you cant attached your saddle pad to your billets because the front billet is built in. It would be exceptional if it were calfskin though :eek:)

I find myself rather liking the thigh rolls.. I don't feel immobile or ineffective at all. I found some of the County's had too deep of a seat and you couldn't post without hitting your crotch on the pommel.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.