Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

I need help thinking of what to get my riding instructor for her birthday. Most of the stuff I've found online, like thermoses, for example, aren't really her thing. She's older, in her 50s or 60s I think, and she loves horses obviously, but she's really quiet so I don't know what kind of things she likes.

I got her a box of chocolates for Christmas so I can't do that again, but I think she liked them.

Any ideas? Give me anything you got, I have NO ideas right now!

Thanks!

·
Registered
806 Posts
One of the painted ponies collector statues. That way it gives you an add on gift to her collection. A horse hair bracelet made from her horses hair. Or maybe a Pandora bracelet. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
190 Posts
Does she have her own horses? Get a painted portrait of them.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Get her a box of long stem carrots.

Go to the florist and buy an empty box, tissue and bow, go to market and find carrots with the tops still on.

I gave a box of long stem carrots to a friend, for a barn party and she still talks about it.

If not carrots then defiantly the truck and trailer.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
I love to treat facials and/or manicures for hard working outdoorsy people! Lord knows I need one and they make me feel so much better!

·
Registered
446 Posts
I really like the carrot idea, pretty cute. Probably a gift card for a tack store..? I'm not sure!

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I'd say the carrot idea and a gift certificate to either a tack shop or a spa!! :)
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
190 Posts
Get her a box of long stem carrots.

Go to the florist and buy an empty box, tissue and bow, go to market and find carrots with the tops still on.

I gave a box of long stem carrots to a friend, for a barn party and she still talks about it.

If not carrots then defiantly the truck and trailer.
I LOVE this idea!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Gift idea

I don't know how much you want to spend but you can get some nice horse gifts from Equestrian Life and Fashion

The browbands and halters come in a beautiful velvet back and the saddle pads come with a black cover. The browbands and halters especially make nice gifts. I can post some pics later today. :lol:

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
This comes at a perfect time as my instructor, who is much younger than I (by like 20 years) is having her birthday next week and I was struggling with what to get her.

I am going to get her the long stemmed carrots, with a gift certificate to our local spa. Not too much or too extravagent, but lets her know I value her, both as a trainer and a person :)

Thanks guys :)

·
Registered
15,150 Posts
My coach no longer has horses, so any horsey type gifts are out. I got her a gift certificate to a restaurant we usually go to after a show. She really did like that. I like coaches who don't need a new truck & trailer lol!

·
Registered
807 Posts
My instructor only has 3horses so we got him a month supply of grain and shavings from the local store. We also got him a 20 dollar for certificate to dunkin donuts.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
if I we're your instructor I certainly wouldn't mind that gorgeous pearl brow band

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.