The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What Time Do you feed your horses?

8K views 33 replies 13 participants last post by  Arabian Beauty 
#1 ·
What time do you feed your horses?
Can you give me a time for grains and Hey Please

I was reading also people free feed Hey. Is this rocomended or not?

In my stable they feed Hey first than after an hour they feed Grains. Is this right Or no?

Edit: Sorry I think i poster this in the wrong section.

Discussion starter · #11 ·
Corporal What Is sweet Hey?

I will tray this out and free feed Hey And see how she does.

But If I put her back in her stall with hey available after she's been out. Isn't it bad for her to eat? Don't we have to wait 1 hour?

Discussion starter · #22 ·
Clean water All day

I will free feed Hey all day start at 7.00 am

What about the grains?
I was thinking at 4.00 pm in the winter and 6 Pm in the summer.
Is 6 pm late or it should be at 5.00 pm

Should i feed grains at noon instead of 4.00?

Any advice would help. :)

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Corporal Thank you for the link.

Today I measured her wight. She is 859 LB and 15.2 hh
She is Arabian. And the ideal wight is 199 Lb or 1000 Lb She doesn't seem under wight tho.

So 859 x2% is 17.18

Should i give her this number of food or i go with her ideal wight?

Discussion starter · #32 ·
In January, I let mine approach 6 on the scale bc January is the coldest month of the year. We can have wind chills below the actual temperatures of sometimes -20 degrees F. They will naturally drop weight in April/May bc they won't need the fat anymore. Arabian Beauty, you don't have your location in your signature. If you live in the SW your horse probably doesn't need any more weight. There are few if any chronic health problems from keeping a horse slightly underweight, but this excludes hard keepers, which some Arabians are. Hard keepers have to have extra calories if you work them, and yours looks healthy, but out of shape. Keep that in mind if you start working your horse. =D
Im from Saudi Arabia We do have winter but not as cold as everywhere else.
At night is colder than the mornings and afternoon
Morning from 7am to 9am 13, 15, 18 Than it goes from 20 and above

Discussion starter · #34 ·
I suspect summer is more of a weather issue for the horses there.
Your horse is very beautiful.

It's fairly warm here this morning, -1C, but I'm looking at temps of -25C by mid week.

We have a bunch of students at the University in town from Saudi Arabia. It's hilarious watching the boys get their first taste of a New England winter. At first they try to be tough but very quickly layer upon layer of clothing is added. I'm sure they were warned about winter but it's not something you can imagine without experiencing it. The few girls are more sensible and add layers right away.
Thank you I think she is beautiful too. I will post more pics of her soon. ;)

Summers is like your winter.
In winter in Saudi its so nice to ride anytime of the day in summer we mostly wait tell 4 if we want to ride. Witch its not a problem for me since i get off of work at 4.30 :D

hehehe For me i travle a lot since i was young. My father loves to travel and London is a second home to us. So Im used to the cold and I Love it. :D any wether to me would be better than the humidity we have in my city. Plus I love love snow. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.