The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What Time Do you feed your horses?

8K views 33 replies 13 participants last post by  Arabian Beauty 
#1 ·
What time do you feed your horses?
Can you give me a time for grains and Hey Please

I was reading also people free feed Hey. Is this rocomended or not?

In my stable they feed Hey first than after an hour they feed Grains. Is this right Or no?

Edit: Sorry I think i poster this in the wrong section.

#31 ·
I have many animals so I do chores twice a day.
For my big horses I give them free choice hay all day every day. They also get their grain in the morning. Sometimes I have to grain them at night because I can't get out there till then.
I have one other person helps me with chores and I try to do the difficult things so they don't have to.
My minis get a controlled amount of hay and 1/2 c of grain at the same time as the big horses.

#33 ·
I suspect summer is more of a weather issue for the horses there.
Your horse is very beautiful.

It's fairly warm here this morning, -1C, but I'm looking at temps of -25C by mid week.

We have a bunch of students at the University in town from Saudi Arabia. It's hilarious watching the boys get their first taste of a New England winter. At first they try to be tough but very quickly layer upon layer of clothing is added. I'm sure they were warned about winter but it's not something you can imagine without experiencing it. The few girls are more sensible and add layers right away.

#34 ·
Thank you I think she is beautiful too. I will post more pics of her soon. ;)

Summers is like your winter.
In winter in Saudi its so nice to ride anytime of the day in summer we mostly wait tell 4 if we want to ride. Witch its not a problem for me since i get off of work at 4.30 :D

hehehe For me i travle a lot since i was young. My father loves to travel and London is a second home to us. So Im used to the cold and I Love it. :D any wether to me would be better than the humidity we have in my city. Plus I love love snow. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.