The Horse Forum banner

What would she be best as

779 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Draftgirl17
I realize that with any horse you can do just about anything if you train them right however i wonder which she would best suited for: English or Western. It would only be for local shows and stuff and i certainly still am going to learn to ride english with her cause she's a sweet mare but as far as movement wise. A girl rode her this summer in a show(cause i was just not confident enough and it would have ended badly if i had gotten on due to my nervousness) she said that she has a fast trot and her trot is somewhat bumpy. She thought she'd make a good english type horse, in which i would ride saddleseat. So what do you guys think?
(sorry its the only pic i have right now)
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
166 Posts
i would not suggest saddleseat because most likely your going to be going up against realy flashy saddlebreds, arabs, national show horses, and morgans, and dont take me wrong she is a cute little thing, but up against those kind of horses, the judge probably wont even take a second look at her. lol i remember my mom signed me up to go in an open english equitation class, and i was on my hunter and we had a realy good ride, but the judge didnt even look at us because we were against all of the realy flashy saddleseat horses, and although my horse is very flashy for a hunter because of his breed, he is nowhere near as flashy as those horses were. she doesnt look like a western horse to me, probably mostly because of her high headset, so overall i would suggest doing hunt seat with her. :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.