The Horse Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
If you think you can give him good basic training and resell without haste, I'd say go for it.

You cannot save all horses, but maybe you can save this one.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Yes I know the palominos get more interest, at least around here! Would a foal be able to have hoffmans minerals? I have my my 2 other horses on a feed that consists of beetpulp, hoffmans minerals and one is on grain pellets, the other on rolled oats. Would any of that be bad him if I get him? Would he need something else to start off on?

I know the owner told me he doesn't have that much human contact, but she has had the halter on him. I just feel bad that this little guy may go to slaughter, and defiantly will go there is I do not take him, as I am the only one to show interest in him, and only have 2 days to get him before he will be sent there!

·
Registered
119 Posts
sounds like you have it all figured out. i would ask your parents. worst they can do is say no. best they could say is yes, and you have just saved a life.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Sadly... I was not able to take him :(... my parents said I could, I had a place for him, but I could not get there until later on in the week. She refused to wait, as she did not want to waste the chance to get him out of there. If she would have agreed to wait a few more days, I would have gotten him, but sadly, I could not.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts