The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
seams a fair price, Its an aluminum skin. Doesnt say what kinda floor though.
If I was gonna get a trailer that big I would get a gooseneck. Loaded thats a pretty hefty load for a bumper pull, plus with a GN i have a place to sleep. It may be hard to sell for that reason. Most people that want bumper pulls are pulling with a 1/2 ton class truck and want smaller lighter trailers. But if it suits your needs and you dont care about resell, looks good in the add to me,

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Your the second person to say something like that. It's ludacris. Do you walk into a used car dealership and pay sticker price? How about to buy a boat, motorcycle? I would never pay the listing price for a horse or trailer. Nobody ever puts their final price unless FIRM is mentioned. Otherwise its negotiable. I think its important to be fair, but dont spend hundreds more than you need to. It doesnt make any sense to me.

·
Registered
570 Posts
The price seems fairly reasonable, but I would at least just offer them $7000. You could probably even go lower. Don't worry about offending the seller - they want to sell the trailer, and if they don't like the offer, they will give you a counter offer.

On a side note, I agree with Joe - I wouldn't buy a 3 horse bumperpull, it definitely seems like too much weight on that type of hitch.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
I also like this one , its a two horse and 2008 never used yet.

2008 Pacesetter Trailers Horse Trailer for Sale in Elko, Minnesota MN
I definatley like this one way more. One reason is that I always shy away from trailers that dont have pads/mats or something (at least on the divider). The three horse doesnt have pads. I would offer maybe $4,600?? $5000? (for the two horse) It looks pretty reasonably priced.

I've seen similar trailers in my area for $6500-$7000. Its a bit overpriced, but a nice trailer.
WOW!!!! Around here, they are around $10,000-$15,000!!!!!! :shock: I would say its VERY reasonably priced... But im not sure if thats reasonable for where foxridge lives..

seams a fair price, Its an aluminum skin. Doesnt say what kinda floor though.
If I was gonna get a trailer that big I would get a gooseneck. Loaded thats a pretty hefty load for a bumper pull, plus with a GN i have a place to sleep. It may be hard to sell for that reason. Most people that want bumper pulls are pulling with a 1/2 ton class truck and want smaller lighter trailers. But if it suits your needs and you dont care about resell, looks good in the add to me,
Talking about lots of weight for a bumper pull, i saw this horse trailer brand, and they sold bumper pull LIVING QUARTERS up to 4 horses!!! I would agree that if you have a small truck/van it may be a bit to much stress....

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll dicker I just feel so evil when I do that I usually take a friend that's good at it to give me advice. I was thinking of asking $6700 to start with. Do you guys think I should go for the 2 horse trailer. I mostly want to take horses for rides or shows. 2 horses is usually the most I have going in a trailer.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
766 Posts
I like the second one. You said that you will really only be taking 2 horses at a time. That is less gas with a smaller trailer as well. Also the first picture shows pictures of the trailer with bedding in it, like they are trying to cover something up. The second on shows nothing covered up.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, as it stands I just called the lady with the 3 horse trailer this morning and offered $6000 if I like it when I look at it, otherwise I may have to drimve literally 5-6 hours to view the 2nd trailer. If She refuses the offer I might just wait until a nice trailer comes up for sale around here again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
go to www.horsetrailerworld.com and do a search for similar trailers in states close to it and you can get a good feel for pricing. the site has tons of very knowledgable people on it from professional haulers, to people that have built their own LQ, etc

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
She accepted my offer at $6000. The trailer was immaculate when I got there they had just used it last weekend and everything was spotless! Checked the floors and cross beams all perfect. Lights are good. Tires too. I called around earlier to check on the 2nd trailer and it had been sold already.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
16,645 Posts
I hope you grabbed it!

You will never regret having that extra stall. You will find someone to hitch along with you and share the gas three ways!

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
I can't even count the miles that I have pulled a three horse bumper pull trailer. Many of the miles were in a half ton truck and I never had any problems. If you have a decent truck and drive with your brain engaged then a three or four horse bumperpull is not a problem.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.