The Horse Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
20 year old Arabian. Has a weird, large lump below withers, near scapula. Lump started out squishy. Months later it's getting firm. It does not seem to hurt the horse at all tho last time horse was ridden he was having some pain from the saddle (hasn't been ridden since which was 5-6 weeks ago). Owner finally has vet coming out Wednesday to check it out. Also, he had a smaller sized lump on the other side, same spot, but that is almost gone now.
Any ideas what this might be?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I have to agree - my high withered horse came to me with atrophy and a squishy part where the saddle shunted into her (or I guess where she didn't have full range of motion due to bad fit or saddle placed too far forward). I've been DIY with her for just over a half a year working on it as found out previous yard was using one of their own instead because they didn't have access to mine... Honestly the lack of riding while she adjusted to barefoot + groundwork has helped smooth/fill the areas relevant quite a bit so I'm convinced. Hopefully it is something that can be remedied as above and nothing more sinister!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts