Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, HF!

I'd love if any of you saddle fit experts could give my saddle fit a once over.

The pictures are less than great. The ones I have are of the saddle NOT girthed up, just on her back.
I will try to get some with it girthed this week.

She is not being ridden in this saddle currently, I'm just curious on the fit.

So-- What I see:
-The gullet seems to fit okay? I have about three-four fingers width, but I have teeny fingers. Maybe a little narrow?
-There's something about the panels.....I originally thought the channel was too wide, but now I'm thinking that maybe the panels are too.....full?

I don't know, that's why I'm asking you guys! :lol:

Any info appreciated!

Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Annnnnnyone? :)
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you both!
That makes me feel a little better.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've got another two weeks before I'll be able to test it out and check out sweat marks. She's still being trained! :)
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
8,176 Posts
Looks good to me too. Plenty of spine clearance and seems to be properly balanced.

·
Registered
48,990 Posts
It looks good, but a side view would have been good, too. and front edge view. What is the maker? Is it synthetic? air filled panels?

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
It's a Wintec, so obviously synthetic, but it's flocked, not CAIR.

ETA: I had more pictures with different angles but they didn't turn out. Crappy cell phone pictures.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
523 Posts
Hi - I'm chiming in with the others that it looks fine. Its a wintec and the panels may look a bit tubby to you if you aren't used to looking at them, but otherwise you appear to have a good gullet clearance.

Curiosity, if your horse is in training, why don't you have your trainer ride in the saddle and evaluate the fit for you?

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks!

I haven't thought to ask the trainer. It's rare that we are at the barn at the same time, but if I catch her I'll talk to her about it.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
766 Posts
You could always leave a note for the trainer or give her a call too. But it looks like a good fit, I keep getting fooled by these Wintecs today. They look so leather like.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Is there any way you could get some pictures of her back without a saddle? Something looks off to me, but before I offer a theory, I'd like to have a better idea of her shape.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeap! Here you are.

Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Darn, I uploaded some other pics but they didn't show up for some reason...
The only one that showed up is from June, and she's changed a decent bit.

I've always thought something looked a little off but I don't know what.

I have some old pictures of the saddle on her, but I think posting them would be pointless because she has muscled up and developed a lot over that time.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.