The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking if other people's horses have something strange they do as a routine or ritual after watching Luke my QH for the past 9 years do the same thing every day. When I go to bring him in from the field, every time, without a doubt, when he sees me coming he pees before he will come to me. Strange. What does your horse do?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Indie would always smack her lips together when she got nervous. It was very loud and obnoxious for awhile after she first got home, but eventually calmed down about it. She never completely stopped, but it got quieter and less noticeable. I always thought it was quirky, up until I got spit flung at my face. :p

She also loved to brush her own face. I would rub her forehead once or twice with the mitt, and then hold it there while she rubbed her head on it herself for a good minute or so. I always had to laugh because somehow, she always managed to move my hand up higher and higher until I was standing on my tippy toes.

The little quirks are things I will never forget. :)

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
The only one I can think of right now of off the top of my head is when you take the bridle off, you have to tell Odie to "drop" (as in the bit). Otherwise, he just keeps the bit in his mouth.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have only had Luka since June 20th of this year so I haven't noticed any weird habits of his, but my other horse Wildfire has one. He needs at least one hug every time I see him. He was abused before I got him in November of 2010 and I started "hugs" with him (he knows what "hugs" means). For the first month or so our hugs could literally last 30 minutes or more. How he ends the hug is he takes a step back and I hug him until then. A lot of the time he will fall asleep during the hug. He loves them. And if I forget or if he wants one, he will initiate it by coming up to me and putting his head on my shoulder. He is such a sweet boy.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Appy gelding Roudy sticks his tongue out one side of his mouth, when he waiting for his grain, chewing and grinding his teeth. Then when he gets his grain, he picks up his right foot and holds it up while he eats, trembling it as he holds it up.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
My gelding Bugs throws a hissy fit just before loading into the float has a dump then loads without issue. Likes his float/trailer to be clean.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My friend had an appendix that when anxious would make farting noises with his mouth over and over again. It was a really strange noise that he could make and it was sooo loud.

·
Registered
957 Posts
After every ride my horse will always lay down and completely roll at least twice.
Been doing this since ride one 5 years ago.

While on the trail my horse will walk through anything, straight through if directed.
Mud, manure, water just about anything.
But by no means will he step in another horses urine.

Always leaps in the trailer coming or going.
If all horses had this trailer thing down everyone would be in good shape.

·
Registered
364 Posts
My boy ALWAYS pees as soon as we get on a trail. Maybe 100 feet in he stops and has a nice long pee... then he is good to go. I guess it lightens the load a bit! LOL. He wont step in it, kind of does a side pass around it too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.