The Horse Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kinda a random question.. anyhoo it seems like everywhere is getting colder than usual this winter, so I was just wondering what the weather is like around the world right now? It's been about -10 C this past week, and we have about 70cm of snow right now but some is probably going to melt because its going to be between 1 and -3 in the next few days. By January, we have some pretty big snow piles. Like you could touch the wires when you stand on them. I kinda like it, but we can't really ride in the winter because we don't have an indoor.:-(

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Out winter has been warmer than usual. We finally got snow on Tuesday/Wensday(2 feet). We have more snow coming tomorrow but other wise our winter has been weird. We usually have snow end of November. I think it was still in the 30s in the first week of December and today its in the 30s again.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Winter in Georgia is never really anything, but is has been a little colder than usual. Had some sleet a few days ago, and it's freezing rain now. So much for my lesson today...

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
LMAO its been in the mid to upper 70's? Might have hit back in the 80's around noon. I <3 Florida winters.

·
Registered
411 Posts
hah! u guys think thats bad? its -41 here today, we usually get about 5 feet of snow but this year right now we only have about 3 inches. the weather was late this year tho, in the spring it felt like winter, in the summer it felt like spring and now its freezing cold, we just dont have the normal amount of snow right now that we usually do.

·
Super Moderator
22,659 Posts
Over here, our outdoor temperature has gone down quickly. In the morning it was around -1*C, then just few hours later -7, -11 and now it has settled around -13*C and I can feel also temperature inside is lower that what I've accustomed to. So I just crawled under my lovely warm duvet and think I won't come out before it's warmer here :wink:.

Anyway, it's great that we finally got our snow.
In general, usually we have snow and under zero (in Celsius scale) around November-December to March-early April. Even I think winter has started to come more later nowadays compared to previous decades. During the past years you've perhaps seen bald land without snow even in the late December.

And thickness of our current snow... perhaps around 20 cm?

·
Registered
362 Posts
only a couple inchs near lake mich. but go in 15 miles and they got a foot but was nice yeasterday in the 30's but today it feels like low 20's!! and a couple chances of snow this week!! last night it was raining!!??!! crazy!!

·
Registered
253 Posts
it sucks honestly. Last week we got 13 inches of snow, I was not happy. I normally have to drive 6 miles to care for the horses, which takes like 5 minutes to get there.....but when it snowed, it took me 2 HOURS!!!! Not a happy woman.

Lately its been sort of a dry cold, i guess you could call it that. Its not too cold but not too warm. The snows been melting, so its also been icy and slushy

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
It was -17 F last week most of the days, then this week it's supposed to vary. Tomorrow in the 30's with snow , Tuesday in the 20's with snow and then the rest of the week 30's-40's F off and on sunshine and snow.

·
Registered
301 Posts
:)I am in SC and we don't have severe winter weather but it's been colder than usual and we've had lots of rain - today it was in the 40's with rain (made it feel colder than it was!), tomorrow I think it's going to be in the low 50's with this rain ending - not too bad, IF we could just get some sunshine!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Here in the Iowa Illinois Wisconsin corners winter sprung on us unexpectedly. A week ago we had green grass and pretty nice temps. Then last Tuesday it dumped about a foot of snow in two days. The wind was horrible...made for plowing the driveway a pain. The rest of the week's been ok but today it's supposed to rain and snow. Let's hope for no ice!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
We have had a nice winter so far. Over the weekend we got 2' of snow and at night it goes down to 20 degrees or lower. The last time it snowed like this was back in 69.

·
Registered
554 Posts
It's been -10 to -35 here in Calgary, and that's with no wind-chill. There hasn't been a lot of snow, but we've had an icestorm. Some days the air has been so "dense", but so cold and dry that it's difficult to breath!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Its been both very warm and very cold. In the beginning of December the high for the day was 6 Degrees F. Now the highs are 30-40 degrees F. Which is REALLY warm. I was hoping for snow, maybe it will be a extra present as its snowing a little right now.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
It might get to 0F, but it usually stays in the 20's-low 30's on cold days here in PA. We get snow, but I havent seen more then a foot, with one storm system in a few years.

I cant imagine living in canada! Its been warm here and the horses are still so crabby.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I don't get winter :) Narr, I do but it only lasts about a week. I get about a week of heavy rain in July and thats about it. If I'm lucky we might get a few more days of rain. But for the most part, my winter is just cold and windy. I think the lowest it gets to where I live is like -5 Celcius and thats like in the middle of the night.

Its actually summer here at the moment. It was 35 degrees at 4 o'clock this afternoon. Its way hot but its perfect pool party weather :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts