The Horse Forum banner

Where’s my video?

735 Views 4 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  knightrider
Hello horsey community, I just went to a show (got my first blue ribbon and reserve champion), and I’m thrilled. The only problem is that it wasn’t on video. My horse and I have worked so hard to get to where we are. Neither of my parents were there, and my trainers didn’t video. I have been getting really sad every time I’ve thought about the show. I don’t know how to change it. Is there any way that someone got it on video? The horseshow is unrated, but maybe a staff member or judge? I don’t know what to do. Please try to help me with this. Thank you all so much.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Super Moderator
17,141 Posts
If no one in your circle took video then it is highly unlikely anyone else did. The judges do not video as they're busy doing the job they were hired to do and show staff is also busy with their assigned tasks. Same as your instructor or trainer if they are there with a group of students. Perhaps another parent of a rider from your group but again not guaranteed. There can be a photographer hired or that has permission to cover a show and that person may or may not have an action shot or two but more typically the arrangements are made in advance and they are getting pics for those that have put down a deposit for that purpose.

At this point consider it a lesson learned and find someone to come with you for that purpose.

· Premium Member
10,689 Posts
Why not just be really happy with how well you did? I know it's nice to have video, but I think we live in a time where sometimes the photos and videos posted on social media are more important than the event itself. You have ribbons right? You could groom your horse, wear your show clothes and do a photo shoot with the ribbons if you really want to have those memories immortalized.

Be grateful for having this amazing experience!

· Super Moderator
18,523 Posts
Most shows have a photographer and "stills" taken but not every class and every pair is caught in photos.
Contact the show secretary and ask who, or if a photographer was on site.. You need your entry number, classes entered and placement for best chance of finding photos that day from hundreds taken..
Unless you pay someone to video you, unlikely it was done...sorry.
Congratulations on your achievements...memories are great reminders as are the ribbons you should of been allowed to bring home to display.
🐴....

· Premium Member
4,999 Posts
Why not just be really happy with how well you did? I know it's nice to have video, but I think we live in a time where sometimes the photos and videos posted on social media are more important than the event itself. You have ribbons right? You could groom your horse, wear your show clothes and do a photo shoot with the ribbons if you really want to have those memories immortalized.

Be grateful for having this amazing experience!
Those of us who grew up showing in the bad ol' days never had videos. At times, we did what @Acadianartist recommended and immortalized the fun the next day. After 50 years, it really doesn't matter all that much anyway. I have some videos taken in the late 80's and 90's that nobody looks at, just collecting dust. I am delighted for your success, and know that you will always remember it with joy and pride. But to be honest, thirty years later, if you ask your kids if they want to see Mom winning her first blue ribbon, they'll say, "Some other time, Mom."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.