The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16,508 Posts
Can't see the video, so don't know what you're talking about. My Barracuda filter won't allow it.

·
Registered
925 Posts
SR: It's of Thumbalina, the smallest horse/pony in the world.

To answer your question, yes.

To go in depth, of course there is, but I doubt a pony that small would be a suitable mount for even a nine year old. Perhaps do some more research about different breeds and temperments, and just look around your area.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
16,508 Posts
Thanks, horseluver.

OP, Thumbelina's a dwarf miniature horse. Minis, even if they're not dwarfs, aren't really suited as riding animals.

If your sister wants to ride, might I suggest lessons first, and maybe a lease later on when she's sure she wants to continue?

I'd be reluctant to buy any 9 y/o a pony or horse unless they'd already been riding awhile and were enthusiastic about it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, horseluver.

OP, Thumbelina's a dwarf miniature horse. Minis, even if they're not dwarfs, aren't really suited as riding animals.

If your sister wants to ride, might I suggest lessons first, and maybe a lease later on when she's sure she wants to continue?

I'd be reluctant to buy any 9 y/o a pony or horse unless they'd already been riding awhile and were enthusiastic about it.
thanks for the information. are there horses slightly bigger then a dwarf miniature horse

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
if you're dead set on gettin her a small pony, look up some different pony breeds on google or something, and then search the ones you like from there more extensively to figure out which breed/cross would fit what your little sister wants to do.
I'm sure you'll find quite a few ponies under 12hh or so, and I doubt many of us have thetime to list them all. good luck finding her a pony, though I agree with SR about lessons, and then leasing. I'm thinking that it might end up as a waste of money for the family, IMHO.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Is this a troll?

·
Registered
23,909 Posts

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
I think several people have answered you, and very nicely, I might add. as for the horse in the video-that horse is NOT rideable. It is too small, and frankly a freak of nature.

Please re read the previous posts and take the advice....and yes, they are in english, so that MAY be the issue.

Read more-post less.:wink:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.