The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a saddle that will fit my new Arabian and work for endurance. One of our English saddles fits him, but I don't usually ride English and doubt I could get real comfortable and secure in one just for endurance. My western is wide enough, but very obviously too long. There really aren't going to be any good deals locally, so I'm checking this out online. My horse is full Arabian (Crabbet/Egyptian), and 15.1 hands. I think my Western saddle is 15" (MAYBE 15.5"). Sorry, I don't really have any other more specific measurements - I'm going to go measure the gullet on my saddles in a moment. I also don't know much about saddle fitting :S Anyway, I do like these two and think I could get enough money out of my western saddle to more than pay for them, so let me know what you think. Thanks!

Hilason Treeless Trail/Endurance Saddle | eBay

16" ABETTA ENDURANCE CORDURA WESTERN, ENGLISH, PLEASURE, TRAIL SADDLE - NO HORN | eBay

Attachments

·
Registered
17,293 Posts
You need to feel for the last rib. The bars of the saddle cannot extend beyond that. Usually the bars on a 15" saddle are ok on Arabs. I'm not talking about the length of the skirts, because they will be on top of the pad.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You need to feel for the last rib. The bars of the saddle cannot extend beyond that. Usually the bars on a 15" saddle are ok on Arabs. I'm not talking about the length of the skirts, because they will be on top of the pad.
Oh, it was just the skirt that was extending pretty far back on my Western saddle and I was worried about it rubbing on his hips over distances. Other than the length of the skirt, it fits him really well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.