The Horse Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been looking for a decent Dressage saddle within my budget for about a week or two now, and I just cant seem to figure out which saddle to get for my mare. My mare is a 16.1hh Spotted Saddle horse. I have to buy a saddle over the internet because there isn't any English tack shops around where I live but My biggest fear in buying saddles over the internet is buying one that doesnt fit her properly (Im mostly worried about the gullet), buying a saddle that doesnt fit me, or buying a saddle that is all over crap quality. I need a saddle that looks pretty decent (for shows) but is durable enough for lessons and training, a saddle that I can fit on my mare, and a good comfortable quality saddle for the price. So during my search I found a million used saddles and then narrowed it to 3 saddles, these are ones that I have done research on and they are found to be pretty good saddles. The choices are *drumroll please*

Wintec 500 Dressage saddle!!!

Thorowgood Dressage saddle!!

Collegiate Dressage saddle!!

So, which one should I get and why?
all answers greatly appreiciated!:D

·
Registered
566 Posts
Collegiate, it is most likely made of leather. I am not a fan of synthetic. Do you have a saddlefitter in your area to do adjustments. What is your price range? And most important of all do you know what tree size you will need?

I have a 4 year old that I have a Sommer dressage saddle I use that has a MW tree. It is wool flocked and fits him wonderfully.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts