1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
I personally like the red. You should almost make this a poll! lol

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
I actually like the blue with the black... I think it looks more professional.

But I ride H/J and don't know the first thing about Western attire, so much suggestion probably isn't correct anyway xD! What are you showing? //isn't western all about sparkles?? xD

EDIT-Or... is that just Western Pleasure...? /confused

·
Banned
3,880 Posts
I like the blue:wink:

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I actually like the blue with the black... I think it looks more professional.

But I ride H/J and don't know the first thing about Western attire, so much suggestion probably isn't correct anyway xD! What are you showing? //isn't western all about sparkles?? xD

EDIT-Or... is that just Western Pleasure...? /confused

I show in classes that aren't exactly western pleasure, it's really just western rail classes/ ranch horse. If that makes any sense to you (I only show locally right now so the classes don't really have certain titles). And yes in western you will see more bling, but these are just local shows...so nothing too fancy.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh and you can't see it but the read shirt has some sparkles on it, the blue is just plain button down. Thanks for your responses...looks like it's a tie so far!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I like the blue a lot! I'm not a big fan of red on a red horse, but that's just me. :) If you want to spiff up the button down, check out some neck scarves...I LOVE that look - it's very sharp.

·
Registered
16,205 Posts
I vote the blue with the new pad (I'm assuming the bottom pad by itself is the new pad?). I think red looks okay on some red horses, but not all (and yours is one I don't think it looks good on).
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
77 Posts
I like the blue! I think it "pops" more. I don't know a thing about Western though - just my personal opinion! :)

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I prefer the blue. The tone of the red clashes with your horses' coloring, IMO. Good luck!

·
Registered
7,717 Posts
I like the blue as well. And it would work fine with the black pad or the black/blue pad.

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
Thanks for the info, OP! If it's just local shows, and the bling isn't necessary, then I'd def stick with my vote of the blue.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I had always thought that red would look good on him because he's so red, but now that I see them together I think I like the blue a lot better too! Thanks guys!

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I really like the (blue) pad in the last pic. I only used the black (which is really just a pad to go under other thin blankets) because I didn't have anything to match the blue shirt, but I kind of like it with the blue too. This may sound weird because I bet most horses look good in black, but I've always thought that black looked really sharp on him. That was random.

·
Registered
16,205 Posts
I had always thought that red would look good on him because he's so red, but now that I see them together I think I like the blue a lot better too! Thanks guys!
If it was more if a maroon, it would look great. The bright red just clashes and takes away from him, though.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.