The Horse Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
I would never have guessed he is 18! He looks amazing.

Oh, those Canon Rebels.. everyone has them over here. I don't believe I'm skilled enough to use one! Haha.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Bubba, the fat one? Laugh. He's an awesome horse. Keeps me on my toes!

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
ohh.. I am in love with your horses.. And that green grass!!

·
Registered
16,205 Posts
It's official. I'm going to come steal Kody! I loooooove his coloring!!!

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thanks Casey! The grass is just starting to die off now. We are very lucky though that we live in irrigation country. We will be able to flood irrigate over the summer so hopefully we can keep some green year round!

Adding some more photos I took yesterday!

One of the old man Kody again. He may not be as agile as the others, but he can still move when he wants to!

And because Fanta missed out on a page 1 spot...

And Fanta & Kody together!

·
Registered
7,738 Posts
I love all your horses! Especially Fanta, she's gorgeous!
And Nippa is probably my most favorite pony ever. In all his pictures I can just see the mischief in his eyes. hahaha!

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thank you! Fanta belongs to my Mum technically, but she's a part of the herd nonetheless. She's a firecracker though!

Laugh, and yes Nippa has plenty of mischief to go around!

·
Registered
611 Posts
I love your photos! I am very jealous of the nice weather as I see the first real accumulation of snow outside our windows this early am. Love Fanta! I'm a sucker for arabians. Reminds me of my spunky arab/saddlebred Joey. Thanks for the pictoral of your herd.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
It's so hot here today! Laugh! I probably shouldn't rub that in. Although, in all fairness, I HATE the heat!

Fanta is 75% Arab & 25% Thoroughbred, so has energy and attitude in spades!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Oh please torture me and tell me how hot it really is where you live...It's about -3C with a little snow coming down. I enjoy winter riding though, especially cantering through the fluffy white stuff-not enough to do that quite yet but it's coming...

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
It actually isn't all that hot just yet, we're only at the end of spring! The blistering heat is yet to come. We're only at 32 degrees (celcius, around 90 fahrenheit I think) today.

Although our region is fighting our first bushfires of the season. We are well out of range at the moment, but I have friends and family a little too close to the fires for comfort.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Well, 32 degrees here in Canada is pretty hot for sure and I hope you are not affected by the bushfires. We don't get that too much up in the mountains where I live as it tends to rain a fair bit. It's really nice talking to someone on the other side of the world. I wish you a wonderful summer ahead with your lovely horses.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Oh god I heard about those fires on the radio, hope you stay safe, already 12 houses have been affected :S

I nearly died in the heat today, with the job I have it's not that much fun sometimes, come out of the day dripping in sweat, but none the less love the job :D and tomorrow I think we may be going to the beach and have a swim for lunch break :p

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
We are a couple of hours away from these fires. We used to live down there though, so I have several friends and some family down there.

One friend was told to get off the property and leave her horse behind when she went to get him to move him out of the path of the fire. Still no word whether he is ok. Another friend is far too close for comfort at the moment.

Heat is terrible, RedTree. 25 is about my limit for comfort.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
It actually isn't all that hot just yet, we're only at the end of spring! The blistering heat is yet to come. We're only at 32 degrees (celcius, around 90 fahrenheit I think) today.

Although our region is fighting our first bushfires of the season. We are well out of range at the moment, but I have friends and family a little too close to the fires for comfort.

Only at 32? What do you get up to in summer? It was 32 here the other day and I was dying. Hopefully we won't get higher than that. And I hope that no one gets affected by the fires where you are

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Haha, 40 is not uncommon in summer over here!

Fires are still burning. Over 30 homes lost. Over 3000 hectares of land burnt.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts