The Horse Forum banner

Who do you like to go to for barrel racing clinics?

199 2
Hey everyone,

I would love to know who you like to go to for barrel racing clinics and why. I've never done a clinic before, but I'm interested in going to one this coming summer or the next.
Note: I'm not a beginner or new to barrel racing. I did barrel racing all through middle-high school. So, I would prefer something that's not geared to beginners.

Thank You!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
8,907 Posts
Paul Humphrey is amazing. Really focuses on horsemanship and riding your horse correctly so they travel correctly.
Jolene Montgomery is also amazing but she really doesn't do much for clinics (so I got lucky she did one!).

There are clinics I have been to that I don't like. I'm not about posting names publicly. I will PM you that instead.

And don't limit yourself to barrel racing clinics. Even going to a good HORSEMANSHIP clinic can give you great tools that will carry over to the barrel racing pattern. Phil Haugen is really, really good and he does sometimes do "barrel racing" clinics ..... but it is still horsemanship. He at least understands what goes into barrel racing and can explain why / how good horsemanship is key.

· Registered
589 Posts
Agree with Beau159,
To add to the list, Ryan Lovendahl is another who puts on great clinics and for non barrel racing but still useful Travis Mankins.

Don't be afraid to branch out I hope to start making it to more clinics myself!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts