The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who all has breeding plans for 2012 plans?

Mine includes "May"

and this stallion

Anyone else?:wink:

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
My Zan freckles Hickory mare will be bred to Hollywood Vintage.

I am not sure what I am going with my Dun It mare. She is in foal to Roosters Wrangler. That foal is for sale and if it sells before I need to book her back then I might breed her again this year. If not who knows. Will have to see.

Reactions: COWCHICK77

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
We are breeding to-

Home Page

I love this stud, I worked for the trainer and rode him, great horse and his offspring are proving themselves as well!

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Mylittleponies thanks so much, I am looking forward to breeding my mares to him this spring. I saw him 5 years ago when he first came to Alberta and told the guy that was standing him that if we were ever to come up for sale I wanted a call. So this fall he called my up and in days the deal was done, I had to have him from the moment I met him. His personality is what makes him so desirable. I can walk him through a feild full of in heat mares and just say "HEY" if he gets out of line and instantly he acts like he is a gelding. Love my boy! <3

Cowchick, that's a pretty awesome horse. What kind of mare you crossing on him? Love the bottom side on that boy, lets face it Doc's Oaks daughters can sure produce!

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Mylittleponies thanks so much, I am looking forward to breeding my mares to him this spring. I saw him 5 years ago when he first came to Alberta and told the guy that was standing him that if we were ever to come up for sale I wanted a call. So this fall he called my up and in days the deal was done, I had to have him from the moment I met him. His personality is what makes him so desirable. I can walk him through a feild full of in heat mares and just say "HEY" if he gets out of line and instantly he acts like he is a gelding. Love my boy! <3

Cowchick, that's a pretty awesome horse. What kind of mare you crossing on him? Love the bottom side on that boy, lets face it Doc's Oaks daughters can sure produce!

We have a Sky Bug Bingo mare. She has really proved herself to an all around horse like him. I am hoping that Olena Oak will be a good cross.

I seen your website, I really like the looks of your stud, very nice!

·
Registered
5,349 Posts

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Yeah, we will be shipping to a very limited number of mares in 2012. We will be offering special discounts to money earning mares, or mares with money earning sire and dams.

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
You will need to get me all the details.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
The mare that we are breeding doesn't have the most spectacular papers, so it seems like a very back yard kind of thing to do. But she has proved to be a real nice mare. I like "Ernie" because of his same versatility and attitude. I think the cross will make for a real nice ranch horse...but I could be wrong. Where we are from everyone used to ride some huge quarter/thoroughbred/draft crosses for ranch horses and they finally getting away from that. When I first bought my little Top Sail Cody/Cutter Bill colt everyone laughed at me because he was small. But after a couple of months they changed their mind because of how smart and willing he is. lol. I think the lightbulb clicked on. Someone that I had worked with previously bought a yearling from the NCHA sale this week to take back and start breeding up the ranch mares.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Steff you forgot Gold!

Cowchick I like a strong pedigree from the dam side but it`s not my place to judge your choice. If you got youself a great working mare are bloodlines really that important anyways..maybe, maybe not.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.