The Horse Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this mangy thing in my pasture this evening....

I figured that even though it's not Jack, I might as well de-crust this noticeably neglected creature. The poor animal looked like it's never seen an ounce of attention in it's life!

I spent a solid 30 minutes engrossed in a hardcore grooming session. I was completely focused on the perfunctory motions; brushing aggressively. My wrists were becoming weak as the time went by. I had quickly become engulfed in the cloud of dust that had risen off of what was starting to resemble white fur. Finally, I looked up for a second to admire my handy work. To my extreme horror, it was not neglect case standing in front of me! It was my "Moon"! But he was clean when I turned him out this morning!!!! Why must he do this to me?!?!

Hahaha. After I spent so long brushing him, I decided that I might as well ride him. It was getting dark quick so I just hopped on bareback.
I hope you enjoyed the story and the pictures :)

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I have the only grey in the barn where I board. He is the only horse that, during mud season, rolls in the nastiest, muckiest mud/poop puddle he can find. He looks grulla after all that mud/muck dries. Why is it all the greys love the mud? And the mud dobbers in the mane and tail. He can get mud in his ears. He does like a gooooooood roll......*sighs*

·
Registered
303 Posts
He can get mud in his ears.
Our first horse was a bay and he was quite the mud pig. He would get it in his ears, too. The worse was his shoulder length mane and it he'd come in with it in (mud) dreadlocks. I'd spend over and hour & a half cleaning him up just enough so I could tack him up to ride. The next day, I'd be blowing mud boogers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts