The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wondering for some time who trains people. My trainer is Harvey Stevens. He's really good... but who trains you?

· Registered
264 Posts
I get trained by a local instructor, and a bratty pony who is the best teacher ever! if you don't do it RIGHT he will try to find a way to get out of doing it.

· Registered
8,174 Posts
My horse has been training me...to make the reins longer, to let him canter flat, to let him stop paying attention when he's distracted by people outside.

Silliness aside, my horse does currently fill that capacity. On any given day, he says, "I don't want to trot on contact", so that's what I learn to make him do that day. I just bought a truck and trailer, so my professional training budget is somewhere between goose-egg and nada.

· Registered
204 Posts
Rebecca Ferqueron :) Shes a great trainer,very down to earth,keeps it simple,just showing me how to make it so Salem understands what Im asken. When it comes to my riding, she has a great ability to see EXACTLY what the issue is when Im hitten a rough spot and shes really good at explaining how to fix it.

· Registered
152 Posts
Quarterhorse Mare - Western - Pat and Ellen Bartlett

Arabian Gelding - English/Dressage/Jumping/Western - Kathy Gerard/Cheryl Mureau

Morgan/TB Gelding - starting under saddle - Rebecca Evans

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.