The Horse Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does any body know what the hair whorls on a horses face & body mean ? a girl who used to board at my barn had a book about it but she moved a long time ago & my mare has some interesting whorls, so i was wondering if any of you knowledgeable people know what whorls mean.

THANKS

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol they are but they have some type of meaning like your horse is stubborn & stuff like that !

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha maybe everyone just calls them something different !

·
Registered
272 Posts
Oh really? Haha!

Kind of like when everyone told me that buying Hotrod was like playing Russian Roulette!
I've hear stories like:

-Bald faced horses are bad news
-Strawberry roans are loco
-Blue eyed horses are looney tunes

Well, I got all 3 in one! Hehe..
I havn't seen anything wrong yet.
He's just a hyper little feller.
He's only being the baby he is, and he isn't a gelding, haha..

I wonder what those whorls mean!!!!
I'll see if I can look it up.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
im interested to hear what they mean too. i heard a horse with a wide forhead means they are smart and willing... well, for my mare the smart part was true... the willing? not so much.
lol im not supersticious at all, but its fun to findout what stuff like that means!!!

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah it is fun !
im just interested bc my horse has this really weird on below her cheek thats like a bunch of them in a row & i want to know if shes gonna try & kill me in the future or something !

i tried to look in up online but i am super challenged at that sort of thing....haha

·
Banned
1,901 Posts
I have the book youre talking about!! Haha, its by Linda Tellington-Jones....I actually find a lot of it to be true!

Temp DOC

theres the article--it basically puts everything in writing about what a horses face/looks can mean.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thats awesome ! thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts