The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
141 - 153 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
-would like to know CS's secret shedding formula- I have a welsh pony who is a wooly mammoth right now LOL.
1 egg and 2 glops of veg oil with feed once a day for 12 days.. I do it in evening feed.
they shed out and Shine with no endless brushing.. they will look like you bushed for hours here we start the the formula the second week in march .. I will post pictures of Cody when I do

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
Well, mine were shedding....until we had 2 big snowstorms back to back. I know it's the hours of light that dictate shedding, but horses that were shedding before have mostly stopped. Where there were handfuls coming out, now I'm only getting the occasional stray hair :?.

Now watch, when it starts staying warm again, I'll go out one day and they'll all be naked LOL.

·
Registered
14,153 Posts
As I mentioned earlier, mine were starting to shed, a brush full each day, then stupid winter came back! First a rain storm, I thought ok, it's going to melt this foot of snow on the ground, um no. That evening, it turned to snow and continued snowing for 2 days! Today is nice, but the horses must've decided to hold onto their fur, barely anything can be brushed off of them.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: smrobs

·
Registered
723 Posts
Two out of three of mine are shedding. It was 80 this weekend and needless to say, it looks like it snowed in Bo's paddock. Queen got curried ot really well today. She went from fuzzy to almost sleek. I love how her chestnut color is turning bright and shiny!

·
Registered
411 Posts
I call my filly an Ugly Molting Bird. March is my least favorite month. Come on April!!

This was last year.
April, March, Feb

·
Registered
811 Posts
Some of the horses I work with still look like this:
But of course the ones who started shedding are now freezing since a recent snowstorm -_-

Attachments

·
Registered
536 Posts
My new QH mare didn't get a very thick winter coat this year... wonder if she will next year? But she's barely started shedding... barely. Most of her brown winter coat is gone, but some of it is still hanging on there and does not want to come off lol!

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Henny is starting to shed again!! The more he sheds out, the lighter her gets. He's at a nice caramel color right now :)
Posted via Mobile Device

141 - 153 of 153 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.