The Horse Forum banner

201 - 220 of 817 Posts

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
You have a 2014 foal mlp?
I have a deposit on her. She's by Chipped N Chocolate. Due at beginning of April to a AQHA/APHA overo stallion.

image.jpg

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
It's Mr Young Gun.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: dbarabians

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Woohoo! Another April baby. She looks like she is going to be huge. Good looking mare.
Posted via Mobile Device
That was taken only around I think Thanksgiving. She foaled about April 10th and pasture bred about April 20th. Her weanling is pretty big.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
695 Posts
A little update as dee has ballooned overnight (again)!
It a bit moist in the UK at the moment - and being on clay soil doesnt help. The water is laping at the top of my wellies but the horses aren't fussed - preferring the grass soup!

So I tried to get some front facing pics today ... not an easy feat!

Bump? :D

Shiny happy pony (with proof of whiskers ;) )

·
Registered
502 Posts
I was just out by our mare this weekend and holy cow! She looks obese. I have strongly advised my boyfriends father to quit graining her so much. I dont think he realizes that its going to do her more harm than good. (especially at only 5 months.) The whole eating for two thing is not always a good thing.

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
Delicious--I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I just love her :>

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
I was just out by our mare this weekend and holy cow! She looks obese. I have strongly advised my boyfriends father to quit graining her so much. I dont think he realizes that its going to do her more harm than good. (especially at only 5 months.) The whole eating for two thing is not always a good thing.
I hear you there. Is your mare an easy keeper? Lilly is and the vet told me to feed her as normal and gradually increase in the last trimester. Right now, the demands from the foal aren't that great.

Dee is looking fantastic as always! I'm a little jealous of her shiny coat. Lilly is such a puff ball right now.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
695 Posts
^ xD! Mares can be real pretty lookers but, man, I can't handle that attitude ;D
Its the cheekiness! Shes turned quite nippy i wont accept it lol.

I hear you there. Is your mare an easy keeper? Lilly is and the vet told me to feed her as normal and gradually increase in the last trimester. Right now, the demands from the foal aren't that great.

Dee is looking fantastic as always! I'm a little jealous of her shiny coat. Lilly is such a puff ball right now.
Posted via Mobile Device
Dee hasnt really got a winter coat, bless her, its really pathetic lol

Oh, and before i forget...

·
Registered
695 Posts
So today is Christmas day :D Off mum and I went to see Dee and bump...and what a bump! We had some rare sunshine amongst the flooding so dee was sunbathing whilst we mucked out her stable.

Some more pics including some new angles, foal was very active today and dee seemed a little grumpy with it (or could it have been me trying to put a santa hat on her...)

and of course - Christmas carrots!

:D

201 - 220 of 817 Posts