The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see it all the time, and it bugs me a little.

Why not just call them QHs? AQHA is not a breed... and your horse is not a breed association. I don't call my Fox Trotter a MFTHBA.

So... Is it just a way of saying they're registered with AQHA? Or do they just not pay attention to what AQHA stands for?

·
Registered
808 Posts
I think it's just a way of making sure everyone knows their horse is registered, not just some grade QH (as if it makes a difference). I'll admidt, I'm guilty of using "APHA" a couple of times... Kinda made me feel like a Tool when I did!

·
Super Moderator
26,801 Posts
I think it's just a way of making sure everyone knows their horse is registered, not just some grade QH (as if it makes a difference). I'll admidt, I'm guilty of using "APHA" a couple of times... Kinda made me feel like a Tool when I did!
I think that's it. AQHA is the way to say, he's registered...

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
There is an American QUarter Horse or an Australian Quarter Horse - But same intials so doesn't really make a difference, lol.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I say AQHA becuse the horses are registered with that association in AMERICA there are other Quarter Horse Associations and other countries on this website.

Don't people have enough to complain about around here? :lol:

·
Registered
251 Posts
ps I would call Australian asso. AQHA of Australia

Really it doesnt matter though, I just do it.
Again, if you don't like it just do it your way, it doesnt bother me and it doesnt hurt anyone.
People need to really look close at what is worth wasting your breath on and what isn't.

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
It is the same as saying hot water heater. Do you really need heat hot water??

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
OR I'm married to my husband/wife. Really???????????????

·
Registered
251 Posts
How about Ice cold water?

so... its ice cold... I couldnt tell by the ice...

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
How about Ice cold water?

so... its ice cold... I couldnt tell by the ice...
True but what about those of us who can not seem to see things like that. You now us in other states???????????? :p

·
Registered
251 Posts
True but what about those of us who can not seem to see things like that. You now us in other states???????????? :p
Well, you could always open your eyes!

Again, who cares? Another stupid thread posted about an opinion on somthing that doesnt even really matter. :D Just what the board needed!

Call them whatever you want, who cares?

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
FSL, I am afraid that if everyone thought like you forum wouldn't be here, why don't we try to be a little bit productive or at the very least positive, LOL.

That is the point of the forum though, to express opinions and ask questions on any topic no matter how frivolous one person thinks it is...

·
Registered
251 Posts
If everyone thought like you I am afraid this forum wouldn't be here...lol

That is the point though, to express opinions on any topic no matter how frivolous one person thinks it is...

Oh, I thought it was to learn and grow, gain more knowledge on horses, their care, training, ect.

Not whether or not you should say a horse is AQHA rather than QH.
How does that help anyone? What do you gain by posting such a thread?

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
I am not going to get into petty arguing with you.

The op asked a question because they wanted to know the answer i.e. learn.

Just because you find the thread petty does not mean you need to go around being the forum police and dissing a thread that is not up to your standards, you should probably take a look at the etiquette policy... Along with learning and growing it also says to be polite and positive even if you do not agree with what is posted... Here I will post it so you don't have to go looking for it :)

"Conscientious Etiquette Policy

The Horse Forum was created so that people can discuss horses in a friendly, fun, helpful environment. While the Horse Forum is open to the public, we reserve the right to restrict access to those who undermine our efforts to preserve the character of the community.

Please exercise what we call conscientious etiquette when you post. This means that you keep the objective of preserving the forum's friendly, fun, helpful environment in the forefront of your mind as you write your message.

If your post is nasty, condescending, rude, etc., regardless of how subtle, and whether shrouded in the form of opinion or otherwise, it is subject to be removed and your access to the Horse Forum may be restricted.

This applies to the Critique forum as well. People come here because they are passionate about their horses. Naturally, a biting critique about an animal a person is passionate about can be very hurtful. While a request for critique implicitly invites criticism, the sensitive nature of such topics is all the more reason to post conscientiously, keeping the other person's feelings in mind.

Our interest in preserving the nature of the community trumps our interest in allowing everyone to share their opinion here. If you can't share your opinion in such a way so as to preserve the friendly, fun, helpful nature of the community, don't.

Please exercise conscientious etiquette when you post. Please use the alert button to notify the Horse Forum Staff when you read something by somebody who clearly hasn't.

If you have any questions, please contact a moderator or Administrator.

Thank you,
Administrator"

On a serious note how would you feel if someone commented on a thread you started, pretty much calling it petty and inconsequential?

·
Registered
251 Posts
I am not going to get into petty arguing with you.

The op asked a question because they wanted to know the answer i.e. learn.

Just because you find the thread petty does not mean you need to go around being the forum police and dissing a thread that is not up to your standards, you should probably take a look at the etiquette policy... Along with learning and growing it also says to be polite and positive even if you do not agree with what is posted... Here I will post it so you don't have to go looking for it :)

"Conscientious Etiquette Policy

The Horse Forum was created so that people can discuss horses in a friendly, fun, helpful environment. While the Horse Forum is open to the public, we reserve the right to restrict access to those who undermine our efforts to preserve the character of the community.

Please exercise what we call conscientious etiquette when you post. This means that you keep the objective of preserving the forum's friendly, fun, helpful environment in the forefront of your mind as you write your message.

If your post is nasty, condescending, rude, etc., regardless of how subtle, and whether shrouded in the form of opinion or otherwise, it is subject to be removed and your access to the Horse Forum may be restricted.

This applies to the Critique forum as well. People come here because they are passionate about their horses. Naturally, a biting critique about an animal a person is passionate about can be very hurtful. While a request for critique implicitly invites criticism, the sensitive nature of such topics is all the more reason to post conscientiously, keeping the other person's feelings in mind.

Our interest in preserving the nature of the community trumps our interest in allowing everyone to share their opinion here. If you can't share your opinion in such a way so as to preserve the friendly, fun, helpful nature of the community, don't.

Please exercise conscientious etiquette when you post. Please use the alert button to notify the Horse Forum Staff when you read something by somebody who clearly hasn't.

If you have any questions, please contact a moderator or Administrator.

Thank you,
Administrator"

On a serious note how would you feel if someone commented on a thread you started, pretty much calling it petty and inconsequential?

I already read it when I signed up, but thanks.

And as far as I can tell my opinion is just as welcomed as everyone elses... so I don't know what your worked up about. :D

I really don't care either way, like I already stated call them what you want, who cares?

I say Qh AQHA, neither is right or wrong, just a matter of preference which, again, was already stated.

So don't 'get into petty arguing' I wasn't trying to prove a point or argue I just want to know what will come out of this thread, why does it really matter what you call it anyway?

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Ok, fair enough, just makin' sure:D(btw, I am not worked up at all, just think it is kinda rude to go dissing the thread so I called it out, If you didn't care you wouldn't have posted though:lol::lol:)

What will come out of it is that the OP will find out what everyones opinions are on why people refer to their Quarter Horses as AQHA'a and not just QH's. That is the point and there is knowledge to be gained however unimportant you may think it is... it may not matter to you, but obviously it does to the person who started the thread...

To the OP, I grew up with nothing but grade horses while everyone around me rode "awesome registered pure blooded horses", so when I got a registered horse I referred to her as an AQHA mare, it seemed like an achievement to me at the time...:lol:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.