The Horse Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Okay, my mare will be fine and dandy next to her buddy in her stall, but when I let her out into the pasture with same buddy she sniffs his nose and squirts. Every single time.

Now I've let my mare out with other geldings and mare's and she also squirts. She does it when she is in heat and when she is not in heat.

Why does she do this?

·
Banned
155 Posts
Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Okay, my mare will be fine and dandy next to her buddy in her stall, but when I let her out into the pasture with same buddy she sniffs his nose and squirts. Every single time.

Now I've let my mare out with other geldings and mare's and she also squirts. She does it when she is in heat and when she is not in heat.

Why does she do this?
first you need to define "squirts"... i'm not sure what you mean by this? has she ever foaled before?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
first you need to define "squirts"... i'm not sure what you mean by this? has she ever foaled before?
What I mean by squirt is that she.. sprays... Like as if she is in heat, just not as heavy flowing and she isn't going pee either.. and I believe she has never foaled before.

·
Registered
14,153 Posts
She does this because she's showing off to the geldings, as simple as that. She lets 'em know she's a girl & what do they think about that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She does this because she's showing off to the geldings, as simple as that. She lets 'em know she's a girl & what do they think about that.
Does she do this to show off to the mares too? Or is that a " I'm the boss here so take THIS" kind of thing?

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Agreed waresbear. It is a way of flirting with another horse, and no, its probably not a thing about who's boss and such.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts