The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I would like to thank all on here who have offered advice, it has been helpful and greatly appreciated!

Took Kay to vet today and had x-rays. There is nothing they can do for her. The x-ray showed an approx. 2 year old fracture in her left knee that was not treated and has calcified. The right knee is starting to calcify also, causing her to transfer weight to the back which is making her start having hock issues on both back legs. The vet has recommended that we can make her comfortable for a few months with bute but to have her put down by next winter.

I am greatful that I have had the last year with this wonderful girl and she will be greatly missed.:cry:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I'm so very sorry. It is a good thing that you will have time to really make her feel special and loved; and time to say goodbye. I know it's a hard thing to face, and I really do feel for you.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
im so sorry for you. :(

·
Super Moderator
26,796 Posts
That is really poopie. I'm sorry that you'll have to make that decision but I'm glad that you don't have to do it right away and you can enjoy each other for a few more months. I hope when it does happen you can find solice in knowing that you can do it knowing that you did everything that you could.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I'm so sorry. :( *hugs* Take comfort in the fact that with you she has known love, and that you love her enough to do what is best for her. I know this has to be tough. :(

·
Registered
479 Posts
I'm so sorry! I've had to face that tough choice recently, so I know how you feel. At least you have some time left with her. *hugs*

·
Registered
8,220 Posts
My heart is absolutely just broken for the both of you :( I am so sorry! I wish I could take this away and make her healthy and happy!

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
I'm very sorry! :cry:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
O so sorry to hear this.
I am glad you will have some time to love on her a while before the next winter.
My thoughts and heart go out to you both!
~hugs~
Halfpass

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.