The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The pony is approx 14.1hh, bay gelding called Ben. He was ment to be for dressage at a Prelim level and showing. At his last home, in Ireland, he did WHP, jumping and showing. He need's more condition for showing. When my sister rode him for the first time, he wouldn't stop cantering and he put his head up very high and Ben wasn't on the bit at all more like avoiding the bit! My sister rode him today and so did the livery yard owner's daughter, Courtney, did too. He wasn't bad like the first time, he came to a outline in walk and in some parts in trot and canter. He was a star, not perhaps as good a outline as you would want for dressage/showing purposes but he improved rapidley. Ben's a gem in the stable and in the field. My sister went up to groom him an hour ago and just came back, he was tied up with his rug taken off being brushed for an hour! My sister said he was perfect. But I'm still wondering why he doesn't keep on an outline and why he sometimes throws his head up. Ben's ridden in a egg-butt snaffle with a nut cracker action, do you think he doesn't like that bit ? Which bit would you reccomend ? Also, any ideas on what could be making him do that ? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
First of all you can't force an outline out of a horse it has to be working correctly from its hindquarters first and secondly are you from Ireland??

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.