The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
5,300 Posts
No, I think it will be lovely.

Our place is no where near as nice or as grand, but we've matched the colors of the house in the barn and outbuildings- white with black trim, grey roof and it makes a big difference in the way the place looks.

I suppose you could say we matched the architecture, but is faux Colonial with vinyl siding really an architectural style?

A lot of places look like they grew like Topsy - just expanded with no thought to overall design. Your place will look like it grew according to a preconceived design. Much better, IMO. I also like that the house and barn *look* like they belong in central PA, and that you've respected the conventions or tradtions of the region.

·
Registered
10,742 Posts
While I like the traditional looking (red) wood barn sometimes, I like when a barn is the same color as the house and of similar style.

My barn is a barely there smokey blue/sage color to match my house. Although my house isn't all that interesting looking to begin with, I knew it would look worse next to a bright red traditional wooden barn so I chose a more Cape Cod-ish look when designing my barn and colors.
It suits the area I'm in as well so that was a consideration too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.