The Horse Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently my mom and I have been looking to buy a second horse for me after owning our first horse for almost 2 years. I've been on all sorts of websites scrolling through the offers and anytime I find something that would work for me its normally 8000+, meanwhile our budget is 5000. I've been told that pricing will go down once things go back to normal with the whole Covid stuff which will likely happen in early 2022. Since hearing that I've been debating on just waiting before I start looking more since I may get a bad deal if I continue to look and end up with a horse that just isnt right for me. What should I do exactly??

·
Registered
437 Posts
Have you tried Craigslist? That's where I found exactly what I was looking for a few years ago. I just checked it out again recently and you can still find a lot of reasonably priced horses that sound interesting.

·
Registered
49,558 Posts
I think ALL markets will return to a more normal position in a year. Some things will have a new 'normal', such as wages for low level workers, and to that I say, . . . "It's about time!".
So, if you don't find a unicorn, I'd consider waiting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you tried Craigslist? That's where I found exactly what I was looking for a few years ago. I just checked it out again recently and you can still find a lot of reasonably priced horses that sound interesting.
Well- I have a little bit, but whenever I search "horses for sale" I get a lot of horse trailers and such for sale instead of actual horses.

·
Super Moderator
14,996 Posts
Try the site specific sites like

Put in specifics of what you search for and a location and see what you see....
Craigslist, Facebook and do a search for local websites for buying/selling/adopting of horses and see what else shows...
There are many animals, and as schools are set to resume in-person learning soon there may soon be many more prospects available....that and the coming winter months so "fall/winter" is the buyers time and sellers realistic more happens.
Many try to unload when cold weather and reduced riding and things like in-person jobs/school take place...many horses are sold..
Best of luck in your search....
When you do find "the one", introduce us & please share a picture as we, the members, love to ooh&aah over those new additions to our lives.:)
🐴....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Try the site specific sites like

Put in specifics of what you search for and a location and see what you see....
Craigslist, Facebook and do a search for local websites for buying/selling/adopting of horses and see what else shows...
There are many animals, and as schools are set to resume in-person learning soon there may soon be many more prospects available....that and the coming winter months so "fall/winter" is the buyers time and sellers realistic more happens.
Many try to unload when cold weather and reduced riding and things like in-person jobs/school take place...many horses are sold..
Best of luck in your search....
When you do find "the one", introduce us & please share a picture as we, the members, love to ooh&aah over those new additions to our lives.:)
🐴....
I will! Thank you very much for all these links and suggestions

1 - 7 of 7 Posts