1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
I do not know anything about the MH ones, but I have Devon Aire insulated breeches that I have had for YEARS and they are fantastic. Fleece-lined and so warm! Worth looking into IMO

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Let me know if you end up getting those Mountain horse breeches! I've never gotten them because I can't imagine riding in something that looks and fits like snow pants.

My absolute favorite are Kerrits Sit tight and warms. They are BY FAAAAAR the best winter breeches I've ever owned! They're warmer, they hold up better, they fit better, they're more comfortable, I could go on and on. I would have SEVERAL pairs... if they had a pocket. I need my pocket. ANd sadly, they don't. My only complaint. They're a bit expensive but worth every single penny.

I also have a pair of Ariat Powerstretch Tights. I'm not impressed. They aren't that heavy or warm and for the same price I'd much much rather a pair of Kerrits.

I also have a pair of TuffRider Soft shell breeches. They're water proof and windproof but not very warm. I only wear them if it's a rainy day, no colder then 45 or 50.

I also have a pair of TuffRider Winter breeches. They suck. I hate them. They aren't very warm (I can feel the wind go through them). They say the smooth outter later repels hay and shavings? They pilled the first day I wore them. They're now so pilled all over that the second I come to hte barn I'm immediate covered with shavings that will NOT come off! The gripper things at the bottom cuffs are terrible too and very uncomfortable.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ride western so the devon aires are a bit too english for what I'm wanting. Maybe someday when I live somewhere else....
Anyway, still looking for info on the MH ones. I'm wanting to order but would love to hear from someone who has them first.....

·
Banned
1,566 Posts
Why not just get a nice pair of chaps. Those britches are $139. That money would go a long way towards a pair of nice chaps that won't wear out in your lifetime.. I ride in minus 20 degree weather with long underwear, track pance and my chaps and my legs are toasty

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.