The Horse Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Camelot auction on my facebook page. And in their horses they're trying to rescue is a beautiful buckskin qh mare, basically my dream horse. In my price range, healthy, but there's no way I could pay for transport from NJ to IN.

She's gorgeous though so hopefully she won't stay at the feedlot long.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Too bad! Maybe it would be worth inquiring anyway? If you have a good home they might be willing to pay for transport (or partial transport) or you could go get her yourself. Hope she finds a good home, though!

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
I got my horse from Camelot. Not through the ring, but privately.

I've found some pretty cheap prices on craigslist when they are trying to fill a trailer. Maybe you could look on there?

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, that's a good idea.

You know, what, I just had an epiphany lol. It may not mean I'll ever own her, but I know someone that could probably get her and that's better than a kill pen!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Yeah, I a asb person and there is a lot that go through there. I just dont look anymore. I cant help and well....I dont watch the local news for the same reason...Its depressing!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Yeah that would be really great if you could help her out! It is especially sad to see when the young, healthy horses have to go there.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know what you mean. Generally speaking I don't look either but something about her caught my eye.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I wish I hadn't looked today either. One of the brokers has a Clyde gelding in there with an abscess that looks suspiciously like pigeon fever.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Poor guy! That's one case I really hope either gets shipped to the slaughterhouse quick or somehow finds medical care fast.

·
Registered
163 Posts
You may be able to go in on transport with someother people. There are a lot of rescues that work out of there and there are even more that want to get a horse but like you have to ship it a few states. Could be others going your direction. I know there is an Arab rescue that uses a great shipper.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
She got a home and it looks like a lot of them will!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Oh that's awesome! Too bad she couldn't be yours though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts