The Horse Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

Registered
My black horse is very silly and handsome. He is hard to train most of the time.
Love your pictures!! That black horse galloping is so stunning I fall head over heels in love with black horses! Fjord horse are kind of cute, all fluffy.

Premium Member
I love looking at it!
Beautiful pictures! I love looking at it, riding in it, SKIING in it! I do miss the snow. It was not my choice to move to Florida. My great grandfather started the farm there when his business failed in Kansas. It has been in the family ever since, and I was pressured into taking it over. Still, there's a lot to like in Florida. I do miss the snow, though, and your pictures are glorious!

Registered
@knightrider I understand the pressure of taking the business over, my family is counting on me to take our business over in the near future, though I am already a big part of it and own part of it, I can鈥檛 see myself in the future owning it.. too much stress.. and I don鈥檛 necessarily want to hang around this town. 馃槄

Super Moderator
I have a friend with an Engel English style sheepskin bareback pad. That looks like their western style. Expensive but worth it. I've considered one for myself as a sooner rather than later purchase.

Registered
I bought the bareback pad over the internet. I am very happy with it, it feels much more like a saddle due to the support on the front and back of the pad.
The brand is Iberica Plus barbak lammeskinn-sal.
I've seen those and really like the way they look. Hmm maybe one day

Premium Member
I love snow but I hate being cold. It doesn't mix well
I rode last night and again, it was just magical. So mild, I took off a layer and took off my gloves! The fresh snow just blankets everything and makes it seem so quiet and still. I hate heat, and so does my horse who also hates bugs. So we're both pretty happy riding here!

Horse Plant Tree Working animal Mammal
Atmosphere Plant Automotive lighting Road surface Branch

The Indigenous people here consider winter a time to reflect, rest, and renew our energy just as mother nature renews hers. A time to slow down our pace and go inward to prepare for the burst of spring. I rather like the quiet season, but I also like each season. Change is good.

This may seem odd to some but my least favorite season is spring. It is so messy here - kind of what I picture the UK must be like in rainy season. Mud, slush, greyness all around. The hope of summer is nice, but living where I do, that hope often gets crushed by some nasty spring weather. Just when you think things are drying out, you get a big storm and it feels like you have to start over again. What is spring like in Norway @Hingarden?

Registered
I live in Florida and I hate the heat. I don't know if I like snow. I've only seen bits of it while traveling and nothing like that glorious blanket of snow where you are. Those are beautiful photos! I'm glad you can get out to enjoy the weather.

Our weather is bipolar. It's hot humid one day, then rainy, then cold, then a couple nice days, then hot/humid, etc. Then come summer, it's unbearable heat with a million bugs. I've been trying to find a headlamp that does not attract bugs so I can go outside at night without getting swarmed. So far I've sent 2 back to Amazon as they didn't last a month. I finally settled on an amber flashlight with clips. If I can clip it on a hat, I can go outside at night with no bugs in my face!

Yes, it is winter, and yes we still have bugs. All my horses have their winter coats clipped off because it's too warm with all that hair. My young colt is partially clipped and I think he would much prefer that winter wonderland of yours to our warm weather.

Today, I had to wash my truck. It was covered in green fungi from all the humidity and dampness. Now it is raining. Tomorrow should be beautiful as the cold front moves in and things cool down for a couple days. This is the best time of year for riding, but it is also the time of year where all outdoor chores need to be completed before the incredible heat of summer arrives. Summer is our time to slow down... It's too hot to do anything other than swim, and ride very early in the morning at a walk.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I rode last night and again, it was just magical. So mild, I took off a layer and took off my gloves! The fresh snow just blankets everything and makes it seem so quiet and still. I hate heat, and so does my horse who also hates bugs. So we're both pretty happy riding here!

View attachment 1143670 View attachment 1143671

The Indigenous people here consider winter a time to reflect, rest, and renew our energy just as mother nature renews hers. A time to slow down our pace and go inward to prepare for the burst of spring. I rather like the quiet season, but I also like each season. Change is good.

This may seem odd to some but my least favorite season is spring. It is so messy here - kind of what I picture the UK must be like in rainy season. Mud, slush, greyness all around. The hope of summer is nice, but living where I do, that hope often gets crushed by some nasty spring weather. Just when you think things are drying out, you get a big storm and it feels like you have to start over again. What is spring like in Norway @Hingarden?

In the spring it is also a mess here. Especially if there is a lot of rain. The snow then turns into ice and you can no longer walk safely anywhere. This often means that the horses sometimes cannot go outside for several days in a row.
No, spring is not nice. Snow is better.馃槉

Registered

View attachment 1143670 View attachment 1143671

With heat, you are just relaxed and limp. Cold hurts. lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts