The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me, how you train a horse, to do the things you want him to do (for example follow you or walk around you and than turn to you (face you)) without a rope or a halter?

If I try these things with my horse, she may follow me for some steps but than she goes her own way...

So how can I get and mainly hold the attention of my horse?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for your answer =)

I already tried some Natural Horsemanship and it worked very good.
It just got difficult when I tried to do it without any help of a rope or something like that.

But I'll go on and try my best and I think the chances are good that it works... =)

Just 'll try it with a rope around her neck maybe. To have a little bid control.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:D so it maybe is a "gender" problem?

Yes, I'll try now to do all the stuff once again (I just start again with working from the ground with her (hope you understand waht I mean))
And than I'll try to do it all with as less rope as possible.

I think there are good chances that it works.
=)

You'll help me if I have more questions won't you? =)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
my mare is really really sensitive, so i really have to make sure my body language is correct for what im trying to convey to her. its basically always something im doing wrong if she doesnt do what i wanted her to. =]
That's what I noticed when I tried it yesterday.

My mare sometimes didn't understand what I wantet to tell her if I didn't whatch out to give my signals exactly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.