The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
1,020 Posts
I agree with those who stated that you should have been more thorough and diligent in choosing your horse's boarding facility. Wherever you decide to move him, do a check of the pasture, stalls and certainly the BO's rules and methods...

It took us six months to find a facility that met our standards. I actually took a clipboard with me with questions to ask the BO. At one place the pastures were great, but the stalls too small and closed in for our tastes, one place the horses were standing knee deep in mud, but the stalls were light and airy....another place all was perfect with stall and pasture but the owner was making demands and rules we were not comfortable with regarding feeding and turnout....etc Plus, the problem with finding the right facillity was compounded by the fact that our OTTB has horse on horse issues and needs private turnout. The famous "I'll throw him in with so and so and he/she will teach him a lesson" was common, so was my refusal to board there. Our horse is not just dominant, he is psychotic with other horses. It's not a whose horse will win game. We are talking serious aggression with other horses...and dogs.....and deer.... the only species he DOES get along with are humans.:?

so we kept shopping.

Glad to hear you are getting your little guy out of there!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.