The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a "Dumbest Horses for Sale" thread, so how about this one? Here, you can share pictures of horses with horrible conformation. This can also be a guide for new horse owners on what NOT to look for, and something interesting for the rest of us to look at. I'll go first:

What is up with this Georgian Grande's neck?

And here is just a bit of humour :p

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Lordosis or 'sway back', is a genetic problem and known in several breeds. NO horse with an even slightly swayed back, should be bred. It is mostly well documented in Saddlebreds. Most of the time, sway backs are not the result of riding bareback or when too young, as often thought.

Lizzie

·
Banned
3,880 Posts
:shock: - no photo shop here.......:shock:

image.jpg

Reactions: AllieJ333

·
Banned
3,880 Posts
image.jpg

Or here.....:shock:

Reactions: AllieJ333

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
this

·
Registered
1,280 Posts

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
:shock: - no photo shop here.......:shock:

View attachment 183553
This is Kid's Classic Style. He's 16.3hh and 1800lbs. I just looked up to see what university he was standing stud at and found that he was euthanized in December. My condolences to his owners and handlers, but I am completely against him being reproduced.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
This is Kid's Classic Style. He's 16.3hh and 1800lbs. I just looked up to see what university he was standing stud at and found that he was euthanized in December. My condolences to his owners and handlers, but I am completely against him being reproduced.
16.3 hands and 1800 pounds?? That isn't a quarter horse! That's barely a draft! eek poor guy. Was he ever ridden successfully??

·
Registered
16,645 Posts
This thread makes me VERY uneasy.

How is it OK that that we post other people's horses and open them up to ridicule? Most of the first ones were extremes, but when will someone post a photo of a member's horse and offer harsh criticism? Sadly, there are mean spirited people who may do unkind things in a thread like this.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.