Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got offered this in exchange for 5 days of work (4 hours each):

To board my horse for free. I don't have to pay for grain or hay. They have a huge indoor, the barn is clean, the boarders are nice, as well as the staff. And they would pay me $100 a month.

I don't have a place to ride at my house, so I think this is a really good offer.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright, good to know. :) Thanks everyone.

I'm just worried about my mare, she is old and can't go because I don't want her to have too much change. She is going to be put down in the spring. Getting another horse, goat, or donkey is not an option to keep her company.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I suppose to tell if it is a good deal, the real question is how much would board be if you were a regular paying customer? Out here I can easily get full board for 200 a month. So 80 hours of work a month (assuming a four week month to make things simpler to calculate), plus the $100 per month they offered you would mean I was making 300/80 an hour = $3.75 per hour.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Since the board is worth $325 and you will receive an extra $100 per month cash, you would be being compensated in the amount of approximately $5 per hour.

The thing is, if you love doing the work, and want the extra experience of working in a boarding stable and being around the people and horses, then it's probably worth it. However, if you have the experience and skills to go out and make even $10 an hour somewhere else, you could afford to pay to board him and pocket the extra money each month.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.