The Horse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
23,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It was ... uh... an interesting day yesterday. It was windy, and the first time Denny had been worked out in the outdoor ring. The horses in the pasture next to the ring were raising hell, and of course that led to some interesting photos. This series is just after a girl went whipping down from one end of the ring to the other, showing off for a friend. Denny, being the typical racehorse... *sigh* produced some neat "airs above ground."

Erm. Yes, he can (and does) behave on the line...

(took a funny stride - I think he might have been transitioning?)

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Lol, reminds me of my girl Irish! He's soooo handsome! If I wasnt in South Africa, he'd be gone by now heehee *sigh*

·
Banned
1,390 Posts
wow! Those are some GREAT shots! What kind of camera do you use? I may have to get one!*hehehe:)*
lol! The saddle looks like wings in shot #4 ! *IBeleiveICanFLy* echem.......anyway, awesome!lol! And he is GORGEOUS! :)

·
Registered
671 Posts
hahah!! What a silly horse...beautiful pictures!

·
Registered
23,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you everyone!!
Yes, he was just playing - sometimes he has to get the kinks out, so we allow him to do it on the lunge line. He's in a stall at night and a small-ish turnout, so he's allowed to play a little as long as it's under control and he only does it on the lunge.
He's such a character. I love his facial expression in the first one hehe

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Hehe, that's great! I love Denny, he seems like he's got an awesome personality.
:D

·
Registered
683 Posts
He's gorgeous and these are some incredible pictures! He looks like he was having a blast!

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
hes so pretty. and so talented with all those aerial acrobatics :lol:

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Haha loks like someone was having funny! Great shots :D

·
Registered
673 Posts
Aww, he looked like he was having fun! He's a beautiful horse, and those are some great shots.

I like the scenery shots too. Beautiful view you have!

·
Registered
285 Posts
How do you do your reins like that? :) Sorry I'm a newb at everything but I like how they are secure. I always just loop them several times under the neck and but the throat latch through.

He is so cute!!

·
Registered
23,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Madison, they're simply looped around his neck once, then wrapped around themselves once, and the throatlatch is put through the loop created by the buckle of the reins - I will try and find a picture for you :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts