The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
is your mailing address on there? Im not sure what state your in? I like to see pictures of the facilities (tack room, feed room, riding area, pastures ect.)

·
Registered
698 Posts
I love the way you talk about horses. Speaking of them as our partners. It makes me feel like you are going to have my horses best interestes in mind.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not putting our mailing address on there til the contracts are final and we are able to accept boarders in January. We're in Indianapolis, IN which is written on the front page.

No tack room, but we do have lockable tack lockers, I need to put that on there thank you! We're only accepting 6 boarders.

As soon as the weather isn't so heinous I'm going to take better pictures of the turnouts, etc.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Definately gives me a sense that it's a nice, caring facility and I would certainly email for more info after looking at the website! Only suggestions is more bigger and better pics. Lots of good quality pictures make a HUGE difference. Might even be worth it to hire a photographer to come in for a day and get some shots of all the amenities for boarders, a few of lessons, horses around the farm, etc.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I would definitely contact you to ask about it. I really love your re-riders part and the way you talk about the horses and the care that your partner deserves. It gives a sense that you will be willing to work with the people and horses to suite everyone's needs in the best way possible. Good luck :)

·
Banned
12,825 Posts
The font used for most of the wording is kind of small to quick reading.

The training link takes to the lesson page with no separate header for the training information. I see it there under the lesson header but maybe it should be separate if it is going to have its own link?

I agree, more photos of the facility would be good.

·
Registered
13,165 Posts
I would like to see larger pictures and more of them. Do you have an arena and/or round pen? If you have an arena I would like to see it and the jumps or letters. If you don't, that may be a consideration in whether I would board there or not (if I wanted to do more then just trail ride - and even then).

Good luck with the new venture!!!

·
Registered
822 Posts
First of all, I love the website! You really get the sense that it is not a big stable in it for the money and that you guys really care about the horses and how satisfied the people will be. I agree with adding more pictures, and also- this coming from a lesson-taker point of view- I would like to see a bit of information on the instructors. I like to see who would be giving me lessons, their accomplishments, how long they have been riding, their specialties, etc. It looks like a gorgeous, caring barn! Good luck for when you open it to boarders :).

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the constuctive advice!!! I'm going to go out tomorrow and take a bunch of pics. The weather isn't going to be great for it but meh... it'll do for now lol!

Good idea about the instructors!

Because of the format of the page it's hard ot put big pictures on them - I'm going to add a page and call it the gallery - have all the good pictures there - would that be too much???

·
Registered
47 Posts
I realy like it. How many stalls is there any how many horses do you already have there.

I would say you should try to get more than six boarders. There is a lot of room there for more stalls, and its a big place for only a few horses!

You should look into a modular barn from horizon structures or a shedrow barn. They also have nice pasture sheds. They can make it all match the rest of your stable.

By the way, how did you find this place?!

GOOD LUCK!:)

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks! There are two more barns already on the property, a 12 horse barn and a much larger barn with 40 stalls that's attached to the indoor (but closed off). Between us we already have five horses lol.

The owners will be boarding horses out of the 12 horse, so it won't be just ours. But we got extremely lucky. We found it by putting an ad in craigslist of all places LOL!

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
That's pretty awesome. I would totally check it out if I was in your area. It sounds like a very personable and knowledgeable place.

My only suggestion would be to add a photo gallery once you get your business going. It sounds great so far. =)

·
Registered
753 Posts
very nice!
best of luck:)

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I really like your barn! So jealous of the indoor! However, I've seen about 20 other barn websites with that layout. Whose your host? Yahoo? Yahoo has a site builder that is pretty easy to use. All you have to do is find a back ground.. get one of these lovely art work ladies to make you a banner and presto! I did mine with the site builder... it isn't the best but I didn't want a cookie cutter website. Beware though! Before you know it you've spent two days in your pajamas designing it. :eek:)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.