The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

God forbid if the pony spooked. Dont people realize that horses are unpredictable? Tying your child to the horn? Would any of you do this? Or am i the only one who finds this outrageous.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
There is NO way in *you know where* that I personally would do that. Who in their right mind would tie a child onto a pony that kept his/her ears pinned back the whole time and not have (at least not in camera site) somebody right there holding a lead to hopefully make sure that the pony didn't decide to get stupid?

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Besides the fact, look at all the stuff going on around it?! Other horses riding around it, (in another video of the same little fellow the other horses are RUNNING past him) they are like 2 feet from the road. Good god people are morons.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
That is shocking! I used to let my cousins ride Irish Dream, I would lead hr around while they sat on her, but that stopped when Irish spooked at a car and almost took off. But what if that pony had taken off? That kid would be skrewed, if I'm honest

·
Registered
365 Posts
Obviously they do not value this childs life. I see nothing wrong with holding a child (of course a bit older) on a pony and having someone lead the horse at a slow steady walk but you do NOT strap a child onto a horse of any kind not even the most bomb proof. This mother should be slapped.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
That's pretty awful. The horse is pretty much doing what it wants. I don't even let my 5 year old ride alone, yet

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
What seems worse is that it's on a track leading me to believe that it is a "pony ride" type of venture, not just parents being morons but actually paying for the privilege.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
I didn't even let my kid sit on a carousel at that age by themselves. It's obvious to me that the parents don't even see any danger whatsoever. The mom was saying "Austins on his second pony ride all by himself" like it was some kind of accomplishment to be strapped to a pony and let go. I really hope someone informs them before they let their child get hurt.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
The poor kid though. He's holding onto the horn for dear life and he's bouncing around everywhere. Imagine if that pony went up and over! The little boy would still be strapped in and squished. I don't think I even saw a helmet at all.

No offence to western riders at all, but sometimes I think a western saddle lulls beginner riders into a false sense of security.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Yes, I would let my child do that. And, since I would be letting my child do that, I'm obviously a moron, so I would laugh while CPS rightfully came and took my child.

(guys, take that with sarcasm.)

People of the world.. getting dumber one day at a time.

·
Registered
365 Posts
No offence to western riders at all, but sometimes I think a western saddle lulls beginner riders into a false sense of security.
I agree but I actually feel safer in an English saddle, but I'm not exactly a beginner either.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Also, did anyone notice the phone ringing? That is a disaster waiting to happen.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Never!

My 6yr old is starting to ride "alone" but you better believe there is someone within arms reach of the horse at all times (and NOT videoing or otherwise not paying attention!).

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
That pony looks ****ed off! Its a stupid idea anyways, but even stupider that the kid isn't even wearing a helmet! If the kid isn't old enough to balance himself, he shouldn't be on a horse alone. There should be one adult leading the pony, and one adult walking next to the kid in case he falls.

·
Super Moderator
26,885 Posts
I saw this video about a year ago and it bothered me SO bad. I just let my son on my horse the other day and made him get a helmet on. (he's 6) and I held the reins the entire time!

·
Registered
868 Posts
Nope, I would not tie my kid to a horse. My children ride my horse and my son is beginning to ride Aidan by himself but I am always very close and it's never with traffic or a bunch of stuff going on. The fact the ride (and I agree with others it looks like a pony ride) is so close to a very active road would make me nervous as a parent.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.