The Horse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I went ahead and flagged it. And NO, I don't belive that is PSed...

·
Registered
272 Posts
OH my gosh!

The add said someone was riding him?
What on earth are they thinking!!!

Poor guy :(
That's not photoshopped he is actually that swayed ..

·
Registered
7,738 Posts
When I first met Lacey she was in a pasture with a horse that had a sway very similar to that one. It was pretty sad. =/

·
Registered
892 Posts
That poor horse :( and I doubt it has been photoshopped. I saw another horse similar to that recently. So terrible what people will put horses through.

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
I don't know if this was photoshopped or not, but horses can become that swayed. I have heard that they are not in pain but I probably would have a put that particular horse down.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Some people are just plain stupid. Don't deserve to own horses. One time I was driving down the road and I saw some kids doubling on a severly under weight horse. It made me so mad because they had a horse and were treating it like crap while I didn't have one and I spoil mine.

·
Registered
7,738 Posts
Lacey has a mild sway, it's just because she has a long back and she was overweight for so long that gravity just kinda started pulling it all down. haha She's not in any pain from it, it's just not attractive. =P

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Why not? in pain or not, how can you assume a horse with deformity this severe be living a comfortable life?

·
Banned
1,390 Posts
oh, and my2gedlings, it would be different if it was your horse that you loved a lot.

·
Registered
272 Posts
If a horse was that severly swayed you wouldn't suggest riding that horse, right?

I mean it would be just fine, and comfortable with being a companion.
Just not sell as a riding horse..

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Why not? in pain or not, how can you assume a horse with deformity this severe be living a comfortable life?
It's unttractive, yes, but not painful. The pasture next to the barn I board at had a horse with a sway back as bad or worse and he still trotted around the pasture, grazed, rolled and basically lived a happy life untill he was put down last year.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Crap! :mad:

Ah, he'll put it back up anyway! I thought I was flagging something else. Although I don't think it was just me....

CL goes through them anyway.. They'll put it back up.

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
oh, and my2gedlings, it would be different if it was your horse that you loved a lot.
You would do it more so if it were a horse you loved. Let's go back on topic shall we ;)

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
When they put it back up post it. I'll see if it is worst than my boys.

I have three right now who have lordosis. Two are 20+ years old, and never had a problem. One was in the ribbons at the World Championships, and the other was one of the best kids horses we have ever had. The latter was carrying 10 and under riders when he was three years old. The third is only 10 or so, and is perfectly comfortable carrying a rider, driving or anything. They are all three great, useful horses that don't have any problems. They are even attractive horses despite the unsightly back. I'd almost be willing to post pics.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts