The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have an Ovation saddle and I'm having a tough time finding places that sell the XCH (X-change) gullet plates, especially that aren't terribly over priced (since I live in Canada)... I am in need of a narrow/pink one and it also seems they are harder to come across than the medium sizes.
It seems that the XCH Pessoa Plates are easier to find online/cheaper, I also found an XCH plate in the right size for a really good price on Ebay but it says its for a Thornhill saddle.

Does anyone know if XCH gullet plates are saddle brand specific? Like if I were to buy an XCH plate from Pessoa would it work for my Ovation saddle? I don't see why not if its the same system but I just want to be sure before I spend my money. (I believe both brands are made in the same factory, not sure about Thornhill saddles though)

Thanks so much!

· Registered
170 Posts
You could try calling up Pessoa or Ovation to ask whether they are interchangeable and also what retailers stock them where you are. I have a Pessoa XCH and bought the narrow/pink gullet from Dover but I'm in the US so not sure if that would be viable for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.