The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
Actually, take $1500 and get a trailer and haul the hay on that. MUCH easier on the truck. Much.

Oh.. and get the horse. You can always repair the truck.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Soooo? new horse? or fix truck?

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
Ours came without it....fell victim to an overeager gooseneck we were told.....fit right in with us.....:)
Sounds like mine. There was a dip...that was steeper than it looked...and gooseneck met tailgate. popped the handle off. Crunched it down a good 2-3". And we had to actually reach into the tailgate to unlatxh it till I took it off and put the web on hahahaha:lol:

OP we need updates! I personally vote for flatbed truck and horse haha

·
Registered
7,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Well both truck fixing or putting a flatbed on and horse buying has been put on hold for a few days.
Going to use the money to set up the big hay train which includes registration on the white Peterbilt and the over length/ overweight permits for a big job that may solve the whole problem and then some :) Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I like his engine! Nice butt. His back is nice and short and his neck seems to tie in to his chest nicely and a bit low to his withers. He has a pencil neck.. but he is what.. a coming 2 year old? that may change.

He has a slightly steep shoulder but a nice short barrel.

He seems to be quite light in bone. As he matures and gets heavier you may wish he had more bone.

Agree with Elana! He is very light boned and you can see already that he's going to carry some body on him as he matures, so that would be a concern. And he's not ewe necked...LOL, so don't worry about that. I actually like his neck and it will fill in across the top with muscle and he gets worked and matures....he has a killer neck in the making.

·
Registered
7,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
That is not a horse I would drive 7 hours to look at. It is just an average horse.
Well, I do like his breeding which was a huge factor for me. Otherwise I probably wouldn't drive an extra couple of hours to go look. At this point, given where I live, I am already looking at 3 hours plus drive to look at some better bred horses. They are fewer and farer between here. Don't get me wrong there are nice horses here but many do not have papers. If I want to do breed shows or a futurity prospect then I need the papers.
Matter of fact yesterday they had a big horse sale in town, they gathered a big bunch of horses off the rez because they were out of feed. Good lookingl horses- they went for an average of $150 a piece. But no papers of course. If I was just looking for some more ranch horses then we would of bought some. Plus my husband wants to put together a bucking horse string but we just don't have facilities right now.

And I am not too worried about how pretty his head is or his coloring, I just want them to have the cow, smarts, willingness and the conformation to support it all :)

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.